• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kearney, MO Contest

PigBoy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Plowboys take Grand! Todd cooked solo and KC Bobby helped out today with turn ins. 1st Brisket, 5th Ribs and 9th in Pork. I'm so proud of Todd! Wish I could have been there!:-D

Congrats Todd!!! I'm so grad you got your call this weekend. Couldnt have gone to someone more deserving. You still need to call me back!!!

Sorry I missed you earlier, my phone was dead and charging in the truck.
EDIT: Opps I'm posting in drag again..... ANDY Darn browser cookies.

Very cool, congrats Todd, lots of hard work paid off. You wouldn't have had to wait long to go to the Royal.

Here's a synopsis of the day:
Chicken: just short - well, 19th

Attachments

• Plowboy chicken.jpg
    Plowboy chicken.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 83
Pork: 9th - sorry no pic

Attachments

• Plowboy pork.jpg
    Plowboy pork.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 83
Brisket: 1st
Look in front of Todd and notice the ribbon and where the check is going

Attachments

• Plowboy brisket.JPG
    Plowboy brisket.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 83
Todd, great day. Thanks for taking the time throughout the day to answer my questions and let me know why you do what you do.

Sorry I didn't get some pictures I wish have for you. I think I fell backwards in my chair when your name was annouced at the end!

Good times but I can still taste that second screwdriver!

Last edited:
Bobby - You were the best. Thanks for posting the pics. Audrey and I are sitting here reviewing them and reliving the day. I'm polishing off the last of the screw drivers right now. (You only had two? I think I had four or five. But I wasn't the one cutting my hands for once.)

Randy - Part of this trophy has your name on it. I never drop the 'S' on Plowboys when cooking solo. Like I said when I called after awards, "Pack your bags! We're going to the Royal!"

You get the Royal Invitational this year or next?

I moved on to beer when I got home - I had more than 2, but that second one had that kick, as did the 3rd ... I think.

If you ever need an extra hand, let me know. I only ask you let me have the honor of being your runner if you get the Jack draw next year.

You get the Royal Invitational this year or next?

I moved on to beer when I got home - I had more than 2, but that second one had that kick, as did the 3rd ... I think.

If you ever need an extra hand, let me know. I only ask you let me have the honor of being your runner if you get the Jack draw next year.

We'll be eligible for the invitationals next year: GAB & Royal. Whole new level for us. This is all new... First Grand!!! :eusa_clap Don't wake me up yet.

Todd you boys are on a roll. 3rd overall last week, Grand this week. Whats next? Again great job.

Todd you boys are on a roll. 3rd overall last week, Grand this week. Whats next? Again great job.

Its all down hill from here. Believe me.

Here's the happy family... well, except for Christian. We wouldn't let him play with the ribbons.

Attachments

• bbq 010 [640x480].JPG
    bbq 010 [640x480].JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 65
Back