Music City BBQ Festival

D

Dave Russell

Just wondering if any of ya'll know anything about the 'Q festival this weekend in Nashville. :clap2:

I know there's a contest, and the public is invited to sample from and meet the competitors after the contest. Also, Lee Roy Parnell is opening for Delbert McClinton, so there's gonna be some of that good ole homemade stew of countryfied soulful blues.:thumb:

Me and the Mrs. is gonna be taking a little time on the town, staying in a condo over there somewhere, and I've got a gig Friday night, but after that we're open, so we'll definately check out the festival. If you're anywhere to being within a decent drive, I'd come on down. Folks say it's a hoot and the weather's gonna be great! I've never been able to go, so this year'll be my first.:-D

Dave
wsm, char-grillr stick burner, otg, ots, uds, smokey joe

I'll be there in a small booth in the backyard division. Q#.

dmp

Sounds great, keep us in the loop on that one. BTW, went to HS in Lebanon many, many moons ago.

Sounds great, keep us in the loop on that one. BTW, went to HS in Lebanon many, many moons ago.

Lived here for about 15 yrs now, and both my wife and I grew up on the Mississippi gulf coast.

We just had the Wilson County fair, the state's most awarding winning fair, and I'd give it an award if they'd move it to October like the ones in MS.:confused: It was HOT last week! Thankfully, the weather is supposed to be fantastic this weekend for the BBQ festival.

'72, YIKES! Every Saturday all the old timers would whittle at the square, Sunday there would literally be a mountain of shavings. Loved the area for sure. Let us know 'bout that festival.Thanks

Last Backyard turning is Ribs and Wings at 19:30 on Friday. I'm only doing Ribs. The main dessert turnin is at 20:00 that same day.

dmp

Are the pros cooking Saturday too, and do you know what time they're done? We're gonna only be up there Sat afternoon, and maybe for the concert that night with LeeRoy and Delbert.

'72, YIKES! Every Saturday all the old timers would whittle at the square, Sunday there would literally be a mountain of shavings. Loved the area for sure. Let us know 'bout that festival.Thanks

Oh yeah, there's still some whittlin' goin' on, but the place has grown at an ungodly rate. You wouldn't believe the traffic, and Mt. Juliet is even worse. I believe they were listed as the fastest growing city in the country, maybe a yr or two ago. Nashville is steadily encroaching east.

Are the pros cooking Saturday too, and do you know what time they're done? We're gonna only be up there Sat afternoon, and maybe for the concert that night with LeeRoy and Delbert.

Here is the schedule with all turn in times:

2010 Music City BBQ Festival Schedule

Friday August 27
6:00 pm – Backyard Seafood Entry 6:30 pm – Backyard Beef Entry
7:00 pm – Backyard Poultry & Anything But Entries
7:30 pm – Backyard Ribs & Chicken Wings Entries
8:00 pm – Dessert Competition
MUSIC LINE-UP FRIDAY
6:30 – Mitch Balard & The Western Swing Machine
7:30 – TJ Hitt
8:30 – Jompson Brothers
9:30 – Jonell Mosser

Saturday August 28
8:00 am – People’s Choice Butt turn-in (Judging Area)
9:30 am – MBN Whole Hog Blind
9:45 am – MBN Whole Hog On-Site
10:45 am – MBN Shoulder Blind
11:00 am – MBN Shoulder On-Site
12:00 pm – MBN Ribs Blind
12:00 pm – KCBS Chicken
12:15 pm – MBN Ribs On-Site
12:30 pm – KCBS Ribs
1:00 pm – KCBS Pork
1:30 pm – KCBS Brisket
2:00 pm – MBN Finals
6:00 pm – Awards Ceremony on Stage
MUSIC LINE-UP SATURDAY
5:00 pm – Ft. Campbell Dixie Land Jazz Band
7:15 pm – Dick 50
8:00 pm – Lee Roy Parnell
9:15 pm – Delbert McClinton

I'll be there with my feed bag on. I didn't know there was a back yard division. Maybe next year.

Anyone compete in this contest before? I'm starting to sign up for some contests down South for late summer and it seems like a good one.

Talk about an old thread. I competed in this one two years ago as you can tell by my posts:) I haven't returned since and have no plans to ever attend this one again. Let's say I did not have a good experience.

dmp

EDIT: If you're looking for something in this part of the country in that time frame, I would recommend The Cookeville Cooke Off. It was Tony Stone's competition and is run very, very well. We'll be back.

EDIT #2: For Clint, last year BBQ TV was in Cookeville last year. That might sway your vote:)

Talk about an old thread. I competed in this one two years ago as you can tell by my posts:) I haven't returned since and have no plans to ever attend this one again. Let's say I did not have a good experience.

dmp

EDIT: If you're looking for something in this part of the country in that time frame, I would recommend The Cookeville Cooke Off. It was Tony Stone's competition and is run very, very well. We'll be back.

EDIT #2: For Clint, last year BBQ TV was in Cookeville last year. That might sway your vote:)

Thanks! I'm trying to find whatever decent KCBS contests I can for after the move to Memphis.

Thanks! I'm trying to find whatever decent KCBS contests I can for after the move to Memphis.

You're moving to Shelby County? (Happy?) When are you moving? The big one is in early June. I know, because I was looking recently, that before Cookeville there's one in Cape and another one in Ashland, MS. Both of those should be pretty close.

dmp

dmp

I was looking at this contest as well whats the story behind not coming back?

I was looking at this contest as well whats the story behind not coming back?

Right after Winchester, I was about to post my reasons, and I was asked to refrain from doing so for now. I do intend to post them, but I am respecting the request of others. Sorry to be so cryptic:(

dmp

Daniel,
Word on the street is you were going to help organize this? :heh:

Just teasing you bro!

See ya in Huntsville.

Back