gregg, whats with the tub and why is there a mini smoker in it ?

The wind always blows at my house so I use it as a windscreen.

The MiniWSM and my 18.5" WSM fit in it. I bet a 22.5" would as well.
It is also very usefull for dutch oven cooking.

Added an EE Master Touch to the stable this week:
imag0269q.jpg

imag0270v.jpg

I cleaned it up and replaced the hardware with stainless. Restored the handles a bit. I did NOT buff any of the alluminum with steel wool yet but will, and will add a leg cap. At some point I will replace the ash sweeper.

The porcelain is in really good shape. I should add a picture of the wheels. They are in great shape. The 'whitewall' rubber is all intact.

This will be my daily use grill, so it does not need to be perfect. I am so glad I was able to find a local kettle in Arizona Wildcat Red! Next up, a Navy one ...

imag0269q.jpg

imag0270v.jpg

I cleaned it up and replaced the hardware with stainless. Restored the handles a bit. I did NOT buff any of the alluminum with steel wool yet but will, and will add a leg cap. At some point I will replace the ash sweeper.

The porcelain is in really good shape. I should add a picture of the wheels. They are in great shape. The 'whitewall' rubber is all intact.

This will be my daily use grill, so it does not need to be perfect. I am so glad I was able to find a local kettle in Arizona Wildcat Red! Next up, a Navy one ...

Beer caps work great for leg caps!:)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

imag0269q.jpg

imag0270v.jpg

Gorgeous - That may be the best looking kettle ever!*

*Opinion subject to change the very next time someone posts another pic :becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: G$
I really like the rack/table you have made on the homemade performer. That looks like a real usefull setup.
That grill is actually my backup grill for when I am cooking two different things- for example, on Memorial day. We hold a open house for whoever wants to come. We smoke a turkey on one grill, the other is hotdogs, burgers, or ?. We also make a large tossed salad. It is kind of potluck, except that no one is required to bring a dish. Worse case, we buy rice by the 50 lb bag, and it cooks quickly. It is also for people who have no family or friends, perhaps new in the area. I love it!
Otherwise, it is parked out of the way, thus the large wheels.
The frame is a discarded rack from a Gap store with a couple of AL trays I found while on a walk, held on with bungee straps. The ash tray is a discarded Dish network antenna.

That grill is actually my backup grill for when I am cooking two different things- for example, on Memorial day. We hold a open house for whoever wants to come. We smoke a turkey on one grill, the other is hotdogs, burgers, or ?. We also make a large tossed salad. It is kind of potluck, except that no one is required to bring a dish. Worse case, we buy rice by the 50 lb bag, and it cooks quickly. It is also for people who have no family or friends, perhaps new in the area. I love it!
Otherwise, it is parked out of the way, thus the large wheels.
The frame is a discarded rack from a Gap store with a couple of AL trays I found while on a walk, held on with bungee straps. The ash tray is a discarded Dish network antenna.

Props to you dude what a thoughtful guy

Gift from my sister. She found it still new in box at her house about 3 months ago. She used it for burgers a couple of times and decided charcoal was too much work compared to gas with juggling grade school kids and their activities.

SmokyJoe2.jpg

SmokyJoe1.jpg

Nothing special about my Weber.....I even paid full price for it a Walmart and I still think it was worth every penny! Here are some photos of the food it produces on camping trips.

Went trough all 51 pages of this thread looking for a way to create/ position a coal grate perhaps perhaps 5 or 6 inches below the cooking grate on a 22.5 OTG. Need to locate or fabricate the correct size grate. Didn't see a thing. Any ideas (photos?)? Thanks in advance.

Went trough all 51 pages of this thread looking for a way to create/ position a coal grate perhaps perhaps 5 or 6 inches below the cooking grate on a 22.5 OTG. Need to locate or fabricate the correct size grate. Didn't see a thing. Any ideas (photos?)? Thanks in advance.

I routinely set up my kettle so that the grilling grate is 5 1/2" above the charcoal grate... Easy peasy!

Perhaps instead of raising the coal grate, lower the food. Get a smaller grate, attach some bolts as legs and set the legs on top of the coal grate. Or just support the food grate with empty cans. Good luck.

Don't want to sound like a smart azz, but, stock positions bro... I checked 2 of my kettles just to make sure I wasn't missing something, depending how warped the charcoal grate is from use, it sits about 5 - 5 1/2" from the cooking grate.

Are you trying to get it closer than that?

2012-05-30_07-15-04_HDR.jpg

Back