• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket in SE Wisconsin

Fishin4bass723

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding brisket in SE WI. I have looked at the local butchers and they say they can get it but dont want the upcharge for special ordering the local grocery stores don't have it. I haven't tried Sam's yet. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Try your local asian or spanish grocier, they typically have a great butcher department .
Also, find your local butcher and befriend him. Mine will call me when he gets a case of briskets or Pork bellies.
Find someone who has a resturaunt depot membership, like a local caterer or even a resturaunt, and they may be willing to let you go on a field trip, or to pick up a brisket on their next visit. Dont give up.

I am currently working with a slauter house in Kewauskum to get a rack of Beef Ribs. But that is quit a drive for you.

Lastly, you could try searching craigslist for local farmers that sell their beef.

:hand: I will stop now. OK, lastly, find a co-worker who has a costco membership. their meat does not suck

Can't help you with Kenosha, and I know it's a haul for you in Kenosha, but if you're ever in Racine, check out Danny's on 3 Mile and Charles (used to be south of Hwy 11, but moved to the north side ten years ago or so.)

Also, if you ever find yourself at the Milwaukee Co. airport or somewhere around there, go to Ray's on Loomis just off of Layton.

I was wondering the same thing, can't find tri-tips anywhere either. Good to know they have brisket at GFS, I was getting ready to drive to Vernon Hills to see what Costco had. I haven't been to GFS since they opened (taste testing day), I thought they only had pre-made foods. I have a Sam's membership and they occasionally have brisket, but only flats, got one of those last year.

I was wondering the same thing, can't find tri-tips anywhere either. Good to know they have brisket at GFS, I was getting ready to drive to Vernon Hills to see what Costco had. I haven't been to GFS since they opened (taste testing day), I thought they only had pre-made foods. I have a Sam's membership and they occasionally have brisket, but only flats, got one of those last year.

GFS now sells (limited) fresh meats. I have bought several briskets from one, they were good.

Not all sell the same thing. So you have to check

For Tri Tip, if you have a Trader Joes around they have them and are very good. I really like the Santa Maria marinaded one

Well, if you head up this way for some bass fishing, there are some great butchers very near some great bass lakes.:mrgreen::thumb:
See, now you have two excuses to head up this way..:shock:

Thermal,

I go up and down hwy 45 almost every weekend in the summer. I'll pm you.

Chicago,

I drive by Calumet almost daily. I stopped in about 6-7 years ago and wasn't impressed...but I wasn't looking for a packer, I'll check it out.

I drive by Calumet almost daily. I stopped in about 6-7 years ago and wasn't impressed...but I wasn't looking for a packer, I'll check it out.

They are very expensive

There's a Restaurant Depot in Milwaukee that would likely have Tri tip AND brisket, just call first to make sure Milwaukee, WI 5250 South 6th Street Milwaukee, WI 53213
Phone is 414-483-2996

Festival has brisket but you have to ask for a whole one or they'll try to give you a 1 or 1 1/2 lb cut from the display. If you ask for a whole one, they come 6 - 8 lbs and vacuum packed.

I get mine at SAMs! Find out who does the ordering and let them know you will take a few and them will order them. It works for me

I am going to go to GFS and check them out then i will check out the new Festival Foods. Thanks for the input everyone.

Just a FYI Festival fired all the old employees when they took over, not a cool move IMHO

Super,

Hate to call a brother out but that's just nonsense. I was in there tuesday after the switch and had the same little old lady at check out that's been there for years. Although, I do see a lot of new faces. I sure the management is all new, that's what almost all companies do when they buy someone out.

Back