All Hail BBQ

Brewmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Let's post some videos and pictures of the worst weather you have endured at a BBQ contest. This past weekend we had high winds and hail. Gotta love this sport.

Cheers,
Nate

Hail.jpg

Video

Nice...makes me think more and more about a trailer!!!

Let me put it this way: in the worst weather, I wasn't taking pictures, I was hanging on to the canopies for dear life!!!

The microburst at Mesquite was bad enough with wind, rain, lightning, and hail -- a little something for everybody -- but there was one year at Snowbird, UT that had all that plus freezing temperatures. There was one point where I just said "Get in the damn car, let it all blow away if it's going to."

We've only done 6 comps, but this was pretty bad:
Amazon.com: BBQ Pit Masters: Season 1, Episode 6 "Diamond State BBQ": Instant Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XZolIy4jL.@@AMEPARAM@@51XZolIy4jL

As seen on BBQ Pitmasters Season 1 in Dover, DE. If you've ever experienced a Noreaster, you get the idea. Non-stop driving rain, 40-50 MPH wind gusts, temps in the 40's and nothing a but a crappy EZ-up and some tarps to protect us.

But we still had a great time and we'll certainly never forget that one.

We've only done 6 comps, but this was pretty bad:
Amazon.com: BBQ Pit Masters: Season 1, Episode 6 "Diamond State BBQ": Instant Video

As seen on BBQ Pitmasters Season 1 in Dover, DE. If you've ever experienced a Noreaster, you get the idea. Non-stop driving rain, 40-50 MPH wind gusts, temps in the 40's and nothing a but a crappy EZ-up and some tarps to protect us.

But we still had a great time and we'll certainly never forget that one.

Was even worse the year before when a tornado rolled through :shock:

Nice...makes me think more and more about a trailer!!!

I have cooked in the neighborhood of 20 contests in my life. 6 or 7 with my Horizon and an EZ up. Another 10 or 12 with my catering trailer and precisely 1 out of my "new to me" toyhauler. I'm NEVER, repeat, NEVER, sleeping on a cot, my truck seat or the ground again. Living quarters are sooooo nice!

Yeah, that was fun last weekend at Sikeston. It was my second contest ever. I have a 16' enclosed trailer, but I was outside under my ez-up, holding on to it and helping hold on to my nieghbors tent.

Back