Temperature probe w/ rotisserie

SmokeWatcher

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
:confused: Has anyone figured out how to use a temperature probe while using a rotisserie? I'd like to monitor the cooking without having to stop and check it...all the while hoping I don't overshoot my target doneness.

Maverick makes one where the transmitter attaches to the rotiserie and turns with it, the wire has clamps to keep it neat and turning with the rotiserie.

I ahve never used one but maverick is a brand that I would trust

Just an idea

You might be able to make one with a contact plate with tracks and pick up brushes ?:confused:

You might be able to make one with a contact plate with tracks and pick up brushes ?:confused:
That crossed my mind...but sounds like work. :wink:

I see online some folks simply run a probe wire thru a collar to an outside sending unit, but the new Weber rotisserie I just got has no collar for the spit to ride in...it simply rotates in grooves on the spit and it rests directly on the ring, which of course creates a pinch-point.

** Just answered my own question....BRAIN FART! **
** Use the collar that comes with the probe on my spit INSTEAD of letting it "ride in the groove". DUH! **

Does anyone sell just the collar? To use with my ET-7?

Last edited:
I suppose a stick-and-stay therm would work in a big roast or turkey breast.... but consider that the rotisserie rod conducts heat and carries it into the meat (much like a potato nail works), so placement of the thermometer is critical.... for accuracy, not too close to the center and not too close to an edge.

Call me crazy but I never use a thermo when doing a roto chicken. I just wiggle the wing to tell when its done.

If your cooking chicken or turkey I use one of those pop ups that show you when it's done and they come out juicy.

Back