Searching for a butcher Amarillo, Tx

TJR89

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Any of you guys know of a good place in Amarillo to get meat? We are going to be coming through Amarillo Wednesday morning and need a good place to buy meat. Looking for prime brisket, good competition grade ribs, and chicken. Going to be cooking the cookoff in Red River, NM in case any of you guys will be there too. And before anybody ask, we have an awesome butcher here, but his last batch of briskets were tiny! So looking for dinnerware else.

Going to be cooking the cookoff in Red River, NM in case any of you guys will be there too.

The wife and I will be there. Not cooking, just hanging out with some of my musician buddies and riding UTV's in the mountains. I judged brisket up there a few years ago. Some of the worst brisket I ever tasted. Of course there was also some really great brisket.

I don't guarantee a win but I promise it won't be the worst ever lol. Swing by and talk a bunch of younger guys. With beards and long hair lol

Any of you guys know of a good place in Amarillo to get meat? We are going to be coming through Amarillo Wednesday morning and need a good place to buy meat. Looking for prime brisket, good competition grade ribs, and chicken. Going to be cooking the cookoff in Red River, NM in case any of you guys will be there too. And before anybody ask, we have an awesome butcher here, but his last batch of briskets were tiny! So looking for dinnerware else.

You’re correct, my private message function is disabled. I don’t compete but have a friend that was pretty successful. He purchased choice grade brisket from Edes https://www.edesmeats.com/

It’s worth a trip there for their various raw sausage- breakfast and German plus more. Harold’s Meat Market On Grand just north of I40 always has excellent beef. United Supermarkets multiple locations have butchers. Both Sam’s locations usually carry Prime. Again I don’t compete so I don’t know exactly what you’re looking for.

Hope this helps.

Safe travels and good luck.

Will do. What's your team name?

We don't have a name. We usually cook on different teams so I told his wife to use her imagination for a team name when she entered us lol. We will have an older blue pop up, and a home made vertical smoker, thats all rusty and beautiful

Back