The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:26 AM   #16
riverratdave
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

With 50 years of boating and grilling experience, a charcoal magma, 2 propane magmas, several weber joes other various grills I would recommend a WeberQ 1200 or 2200.

Yes, they are propane. Charcoal and boats do not get along really well. Even if you grill on the beach you still have to clean it out and stow afterwards. The WeberQ heats evenly, gives great grill marks, does not blow out in the wind, the cast aluminum body cools quickly and the price is nice.

You can find them in assorted colors and they make covers for them. Check them out at Lowes. Not sure if Home Depot carries them.
riverratdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-14-2018, 08:37 AM   #17
ModelMaker
Babbling Farker

Our first year here at the lake on July 4th they always put on quite a fireworks show so we decided to set up early and tailgate... portable table top propane filled with brats and burgers. Apparently not done here and everyone was asking if we needed help on account of the smoke rising from the deck of the pontoon....
We haven't done it since.
I do have a thought of anchoring in the middle of the lake grilling and selling dogs and burgers during the weekend. Lots of hungry beer drinkers.
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 11:53 AM   #18
happyappy
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverratdave View Post
With 50 years of boating and grilling experience, a charcoal magma, 2 propane magmas, several weber joes other various grills I would recommend a WeberQ 1200 or 2200.

Yes, they are propane. Charcoal and boats do not get along really well. Even if you grill on the beach you still have to clean it out and stow afterwards. The WeberQ heats evenly, gives great grill marks, does not blow out in the wind, the cast aluminum body cools quickly and the price is nice.

You can find them in assorted colors and they make covers for them. Check them out at Lowes. Not sure if Home Depot carries them.
I'll second this vote. A weber Q is hard to beat for price, safety and ease of use. I personally would rather not have to deal with charcoal, pellets, etc. when I'm on the boat. The weber Q will be safe, cook great, be low maintenance, and let you spend your time enjoying your day on the water.
happyappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 12:26 PM   #19
Dweverett
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
I'll second this vote. A weber Q is hard to beat for price, safety and ease of use. I personally would rather not have to deal with charcoal, pellets, etc. when I'm on the boat. The weber Q will be safe, cook great, be low maintenance, and let you spend your time enjoying your day on the water.
Not a boater but tend to agree. The cleanup (and waiting for coals to fully cool) make charcoal a pain when you can’t just close things up and walk away. Pellets would be my choice if I wanted to do some smoking too as it is easier to delay cleanup. If it’s mostly grilling the Weber is a great option

Old 02-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #20
Cook
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Jay

Boat fires are very real...and they are typically hard to retreat from. Use caution with coals or embers of any kind.

Old 02-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #21
Whisky
Full Fledged Farker

Weber Q2200. I personally would not risk charcoal on a boat, or want to deal with it for shore lunch either.
Whisky is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2018, 06:08 PM   #22
Pstores
is One Chatty Farker

I think I'll take your advice on the Weber Q and maybe get a mini Max BGE for smoking on shore. I usually smoke and grill on the beach. So charcoal or pellets isn't such a big deal. The BGE could be fun....
Lone Star Grillz Large with reversed cart, Meadow Creek TS120p insulated firebox and stainless front shelf. Sent to a better home to be used like a stick burner should be. Weber Charcoal Summit, Cabelas Pro 100, ready to build UDS, Retired the Big Green Egg XL and Treager 070....
Pstores is offline   Reply With Quote