• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Rules Clarification, Please.

txschutte

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Wyatt will be leading his first team into competition next May.

I have researched as much as I can about age limitation for pitmaster at a KCBS event, and found no such rule or regulation. Am I overlooking this?

Making sure I have all in place before his day.

Thanks for any help you can give.

For some reason 16 is in my head. I am not sure where I remember that from....

Rules state only that you have to be 16 to judge but nothing about the cook

Rules state only that you have to be 16 to judge but nothing about the cook

Yes. It only pertains to judging. Did you read the article in the Bullsheet about Ben and Jerry's? Ben is only 13 and did a great job.

Bunny

Wyatt will be leading his first team into competition next May.

I have researched as much as I can about age limitation for pitmaster at a KCBS event, and found no such rule or regulation. Am I overlooking this?

Making sure I have all in place before his day.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Just checked with KCBS to make sure my statement was correct. It is correct. No age rule for cooking competition. Give it time though....someone will try to make it a rule. :icon_bugeyed LOL

Congratulations to Wyatt! That's some exciting news.

Does he know which competitions he'll be at yet?

I just happen to have my copy of the 2008 rules right here . . . yep - only judges have an age limitation.

Will he let you be an assistant cook?

Congratulations to Wyatt! That's some exciting news.

Does he know which competitions he'll be at yet?

I just happen to have my copy of the 2008 rules right here . . . yep - only judges have an age limitation.

Will he let you be an assistant cook?
He will be heading the first Boy-B-Que Team at the Honky Tonk BBQ in North Platte, NE in May. After that, 2 small non-sanctioned comps here locally. After that, who knows? Maybe the River City Roundup?

As far as letting me cook, he has his cooking spots full for the first comp. I get to run boxes, and tend fires. :icon_blush:
Ya gotta start somewhere.:roll:

Back