MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #1
Shagdog
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Arrow Don't just cook a Ribeye, compete for the title of Ribeye Master!

If you're cooking a ribeye anyway, don't forget that this is the moth that you could be named the 2016 RIBEYE MASTER!!!!

Our new September Special TD category is..."2016 Ribeye Master!"

Snake River Farms Cowboy Ribeye

MASTER'S CUT CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING

Your entry must consist of Beef Ribeye Steak as an exclusive feature. It can either be boneless or bone-in, your choice.

2. You must cook the cut of meat using a charcoal and/or wood fired grill or smoker, or over an open wood fire.

3. Only one entry may be submitted per person.

4. You must submit one photo of your cut of meat in raw form, another one while it is on the cooker, and one photo of your meat fully cooked. You can submit other photos if you wish, but you must include these 3 to showcase the piece of meat, how you're cooking it, and the result. In other words, your entry will include 3 photos, not one. If you do submit more than 3 photos, you must indicate which 3 will be used for judging or we will pick them for you. You are encouraged to post your full cook thread in QT, and link back here to this entry thread, but you MUST include these three photos in this entry thread. Here is an example from a previous Master's Cut TD Vote thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=101743

5. The meat must stand on its own. For your final photo, the meat must not be accompanied by any sides or garnish. It can be in whole form, or sliced and arranged as you wish.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/2/16 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 10/3/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday10/3/16

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

If you are lucky enough to become the 2016 Ribeye master, you would also win -

1) The ultra rare, extremely cool, ever evolving, always different, and thus HIGHLY collectible Official BBQ Brethren Throwdown Certificate, now available in two distinct styles!
Just send me a PM with your email address, the name you want on the Cert, (can be your real name or Screen name) which style you want, and the name of your dish and you will receive it within 40,345 business days OR sooner!

2). A $20 Tatonka Dust & Buffalo Wing package AND a choice of two Jerky seasonings AND two coozies!

OR:
A $30 store credit + free shipping so you can customize your prize!

To accommodate non-U.S. Winners, Owens BBQ will provide a $30 Amazon e-gift card, to spend however they choose.

You can check out the Owens BBQ Sales and Ventures page HERE, and you can also go directly to Owens BBQ to explore the great seasonings and brines they have available.

So what are you waiting for? Come join the fun! Take a couple pictures of your next Ribeye cook and you could be a winner!

Enter here- http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=235992

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Shagdog is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:34 AM   #2
Shagdog

Bump!

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 09-14-2016, 07:36 AM   #3
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Let's see those ribeyes!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Let's see those ribeyes!

Headed to the penalty forum

Edit: Opps...the Penalty Forum may not be a "thing" anymore....

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-15-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
Shagdog

Who needs an excuse to cook a ribeye this weekend?? You're welcome..

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 09-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #6
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Man I've totally forgot about this !!!

Old 09-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #7
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Also, we just started the "Chuckie "Challenge" Throwdown, which lasts through September 26. Entry thread is here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=236479
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2016, 01:00 PM   #8
rdstoll
is one Smokin' Farker

I've never done a throwdown on here but with the Mrs out of town late next week and me scratching my head as to what to do while playing Mr. Mom at home this seems like a good distraction!

May 2014 Shirley Fabrication 24x65" Cabinet model trailer pit with warmer

Kamado Joe "Big Joe"

Very ugly UDS
Weber Performer
rdstoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #9
SoCalWJS
is one Smokin' Farker

Actually, I was planning on cooking a Rib eye this evening on my SM Pit. Be curious as to whether or not I can remember to take the correct photos. Then, a very big IF I am brave enough to post them.

Sometimes they come out real purty. Sometimes, not so much.

....but they usually come out tasting great.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:40 PM   #10
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalWJS View Post
Actually, I was planning on cooking a Rib eye this evening on my SM Pit. Be curious as to whether or not I can remember to take the correct photos. Then, a very big IF I am brave enough to post them.

Sometimes they come out real purty. Sometimes, not so much.

....but they usually come out tasting great.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #11
SoCalWJS
is one Smokin' Farker

OK, quick question.

Of the 3 required photos, the first says it should be of the Beef in "Raw Form".

Is it ok to post a picture of the Rib eye with seasoning, or does it have to be "nekid"?

I took a bunch of pictures last night and I'm going through them. I'll have to spend a bit of time organizing them and getting them uploaded to PB, then see if I can make a decent post here.

Wish me luck. Me and Photobucket are getting along better, but it's certainly not second nature yet.

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-16-2016, 09:58 AM   #12
jwtseng
is one Smokin' Farker

I think as long as it is raw/not cooked yet, you are good whether it is nekkid or with rub/seasoning/marinade. I'm just going off previous Masters throw down entries that I've seen. But definitely get a shot on the cooker, and definitely get one of the meat by itself. No side items should be in your third and final entry pic. Otherwise you'll get DQ'd. Best of luck! And have fun with it! Looking forward to seeing your entry!

Old 09-16-2016, 10:31 AM   #13
SoCalWJS
is one Smokin' Farker

OK, here it goes. Just going to submit the 3 required photos in this post for the throwdown, then a couple of others (Should I make a separate thread for the cook?)

#1) Raw Meat

I seasoned it with Jocko's blend
#2) Cooking on the Santa Maria pit over a mix of Red Oak, Mesquite, and Competion blend.

#3) Final product resting on the cutting board.

Guess I'll go with #2 as being my "Official" photo for the entry.

All in all, lots of fun. I got too wrapped up in taking pictures on the grill and forgot to work on my sides. Resulted in a slightly longer rest on the Rib eye than I wanted and it got a bit more towards Medium Rare that the Rare I normally enjoy.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:06 AM   #14
Moose

John,

Glad to see you got in on this one!

This is actually not the entry thread - just an announcement thread. The entry thread is in the Throwdown sub-forum, which is here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=235992

Please go ahead and repost there as an official entry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalWJS View Post
OK, here it goes. Just going to submit the 3 required photos in this post for the throwdown, then a couple of others (Should I make a separate thread for the cook?)

#1) Raw Meat

I seasoned it with Jocko's blend
#2) Cooking on the Santa Maria pit over a mix of Red Oak, Mesquite, and Competion blend.

#3) Final product resting on the cutting board.

Guess I'll go with #2 as being my "Official" photo for the entry.

All in all, lots of fun. I got too wrapped up in taking pictures on the grill and forgot to work on my sides. Resulted in a slightly longer rest on the Rib eye than I wanted and it got a bit more towards Medium Rare that the Rare I normally enjoy.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #15
SoCalWJS
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
John,

Glad to see you got in on this one!

This is actually not the entry thread - just an announcement thread. The entry thread is in the Throwdown sub-forum, which is here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=235992

Please go ahead and repost there as an official entry...
OOOPs!