• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber 26.75" Owners, Your Thoughts?

Fishawn

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a 26.75", just looking for some thoughts from owners, etc..... Cooked burgers, chickens & hot dogs for about 40 this weekend on 2 Performers & a 22.5" MT and it went well, but seems like having a 26.75" would have been even better. Put the cheese on the burgers on one of the Performers & some guy started asking a bunch of questions before I could get cheese on the other burgers & pretty much melted away the cheese on the first batch of 12 burgers :blah:...... I got (24) total 1/3 lb burgers on (2) 22.5" grills..... 40 would most likely be about the max I cook for....

Thoughts?.... I also like to cook butts, ribs, brisket, etc. indirect on the 22's, so having that extra room also seems like it would be favorable....

I have the 22-1/2 and the 26.75 and numerous other cookers. I now tend to use the big guy over the performer almost every time now. I get much more options in terms of heat distribution (heat zones). I hate to say it but my beautiful blue Performer may be hitting Craigs List. That said, I have never done a slow cook on the 26.75. I have other cookers that specialize in that...
Get it!!!

DO IT! I love my 26.75. Been cooking on it for about 3 months - steaks, burgers, chicken and most recntly a pork loin roast on indirect. I think what I like most is in either direct or indirect mode I don't need to crowd the cook surface.

I don't have one. That being said, I want one! There are many times that I try to make everything for dinner on the grill. It's very tight trying to make 2 sides and a main course for 3/4 in a 22! I'm sure the pros out weigh the cons ten fold.
The sooner you get one the sooner you will be asking why it took you so long. IMO

ribs-kettlle_zps3c8705b2.jpg

9 racks of ribs, one 26.5 kettle, lots of grub at one time. I say get one.

Do it !
Youll never look back ! Ive had mine for 2 years and since got rid of my old crappy off set and use the 26 as a smoker All the time / Butts Ive done 3 at a time once and 17lb Briskit is easy Youll love it.

I use my UDS for smoking and have a large grill. My 26.75 Weber is perfect for the extra dish that I never seem to have enough room/attention for. For example, indirect heat grilled corn or chicken while I'm spending time with steaks or burgers, etc. on the other grill.
Baked beans, cornbread, etc. I used to try to do it all on one grill, but having the Weber gives me an extra tool, "on the side."

As others have said here, it is also a good smoker, as well.

I have both a 22.5 and the 26.75, and while it doesn't sound much larger, in person it feels like double the size. I wanted a grill/indirect cooker when I bought mine because of the extra indirect room on it. You can smoke the largest packer briskets on it with ease. If you use the grill space occasionally, I would go for it. I wish it didn't cost double the 22.5" OTG though.

I originally got a 22.5 because I thought it would be large enough for me. Well, It is for the most part because there is only two of us; however, I do need more on occasion. So, for the same price as a 26.5 I now have tow 22.5. Problem solved and some.

I love it for the space and for indirect cooking. I can sear steaks right over the lump and move them off to the side to finish. Sure, you can do that on the 22" also. But you can do more on the 26".

Attachments

• briskvariety 064.jpg
    briskvariety 064.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 127
Back