MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #31
Smokey Al Gold
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
Here is my first cook on my "mighty" mini... a 12.75 lb. brisket... yes, a brisket.

I folded it over so that it would fit.

This is the result:

The mini-WSM is pretty damned awesome... it will be even more awesome the next time I cook on it since my Maverick ET-732 is en route according to Amazon.com!
Wow! Do you have pics of the brisket on the mini wsm? I'd love to see how you did that. It'd be awesome to do a brisket on the mini. I've been trying to figure out how to do that.

Creator of:
"The Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010"
Smokey Al Gold is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #32
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default **The Mini Cajun Bandit**

The good folks from Cajun Bandit came out to Lynchburg TN when Left Hand Smoke was cooking at the Jack Daniels in 2010 and presented me with a Mini Cajun Bandit for the Smokey Joe's-

And I have to say that it is one of my most often used cookers! It is much larger than the Tamale pots and the quality in craftsmanship is what you come to expect from the CB Krewe!

Bring it on!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #33
swamprb

Default **UDS inspired Smokey Joe Gold Mod**

After cooking on the Mini Cajun Bandit and realizing the awesomeness of the cooker, I had experimented with the Smokey Joe Gold base for the intakes and I just wasn't all that jazzed about them, so.....

....Realizing the UDS/Big Drum Smoker intakes I've been using for years with no problems, I got the Uni-Bit out and started drilling!

Used nickel plated hole plugs to cap the SJS bottom vents and took the Mini UDS style!

Expando charcoal ring on the SJ coal grate. Stainless steel dog bowl for the waterpan/heat diverter.

And a scrap pile salvaged steel vacuum canister for the center section!

Keep 'em coming!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #34
swamprb

Default **Can your Mini do this??**

Always the putzing gadget freak-

I fashioned a rotisserie ring from a 15 gallon steel drum and using a spare Cajun Bandit motor mount the Mini runs circles around the competition!

Yeah baby!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #35
swamprb

Default **Introducing the Homer Joe!**

I need a Mini Redhead!

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #36
charrederhead
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

very farking cool!

Old 07-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #37
Enkidu
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Al Gold View Post
Wow! Do you have pics of the brisket on the mini wsm? I'd love to see how you did that. It'd be awesome to do a brisket on the mini. I've been trying to figure out how to do that.
I wish I had taken a photo or two of it on the mini-WSM.

I ended up folding it over so it would fit, and later in the cook, I folded it the opposite way so that I would have bark all around.

I basically folded it the way bigabyte did in his brisket tutorial (of course he was cooking on a real WSM).
Enkidu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #38
Big slick
is one Smokin' Farker

Can't wait to build mine.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #39
Bob13
Full Fledged Farker

Location: Home of the 11 time World Series Champion Cardinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl-rich View Post
Lil-Red has some sausages in her now
Very nice! Love the red-heads! You should add this pic to the Red Head Appreciation thread... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=115394

Old 08-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #40
Bludawg

Little Debbie on her maiden voyage

Old 08-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #41
TheBear
Full Fledged Farker

I now NEED to build one!!!
TheBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #42
Clayfish
Full Fledged Farker

Here we go, I've joined the club!

22" WSM, 22" OTG, [COLOR=navy][B]Jumbo Joe[/B][/COLOR], WSJ, Mini WSM, WGA, Maverick ET-732, [COLOR=red][B]Red [/B][/COLOR]Thermapen and a twelve year old gasser which hasn't come out of the shed since I got a taste of charcoal!
Clayfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #43
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprb View Post
The good folks from Cajun Bandit came out to Lynchburg TN when Left Hand Smoke was cooking at the Jack Daniels in 2010 and presented me with a Mini Cajun Bandit for the Smokey Joe's-

And I have to say that it is one of my most often used cookers! It is much larger than the Tamale pots and the quality in craftsmanship is what you come to expect from the CB Krewe!

Bring it on!
What is the cost on one of those?

Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #44
chagovatoloco
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
Little Debbie on her maiden voyage

Marking the vent! a farking good idea! I was smoking tri tip on mine yesterday and this would help great with consistency.
chagovatoloco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #45
FashionBiff
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by chagovatoloco View Post
Marking the vent! a farking good idea! I was smoking tri tip on mine yesterday and this would help great with consistency.
Too funny I was just thinking that, I looked at that before and did not thinking anything about it but after cooking several times on my mini this weekend and not sitting it on top of my 18" OTS as normal (mmmm bacon wrapped pork around bacon and cheese) I have taken this idea to heart and believe that I am picking up a paint pen this week. I must say that is another DOH! moment for me. Thanks Bludawg!

Tags
appreciation threads