THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grilling24x7

Full Fledged Farker
This weekend I was thinking about doing a brisket and a pork shoulder in my WSM 18.5 inch. I was going to put the brisket on the bottom.

Let's say I maintain 250-260 all day. What times am I looking at for the brisket? I'm fairly comfortable with the pork shoulder but I've never done a brisket before, let a long a brisket, shoulder combo.

Thoughts on cooking times?

John

If you go with the same temperature as normal, the butt will take longer than you are used to. I have had it go various ways, from brisket first to butt first being done. At 275F or so in a small cooker, like a kettle, it will be 7 to 8 hours, in a UDS, I had one recently that the brisket clocked in at 5 hours, the butts at 8 hours.

For your first Brisket I would stay at 225-250 and start check the internal temp at 5.5 hours then every half hour there after till it hits 200 and the probe goes in the side easy.

Back