Two Firsts for me with PRON

oldsmobubble

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Over this past weekend I made some ABT's which came out awesome and some chicken to go along with it which also wasn't too bad. Then last night I made a completely custom charcoal basket out of metal Lathe for my ECB. The new basket should breathe a whole lot better than the old one and is also about twice the size so I am hoping to be able to maintain temps more consistenly and for longer, see the PRON below.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

this was the charcoal basket I made for my ECB, I found that leaving some room for the ashes to fall out of the way was very beneficial.
charcoalbasket-e1347732553307-225x300.jpg

Food looks great Will your basket allow the ash to fall out so the fire can continue to breathe

Looks great! Those abts are makin' me hungry. :grin:

The basket actually has handles on the sides and will sit raised up on the original rails with the stock charcoal basket on the bottom to catch the ash, so the answer is yes the ash can fall out and will have somewhere to go. Thank you all for the compliments I am still pretty new to the whole smoking food thing but I am loving every minute of it and it is very addictive.

Back