MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Southern Home Boy
is One Chatty Farker

Default Thinking of putting a new team together...

Hey y'all. I think "Southern Home Boyz" has run it's course as a BBQ team. The guys I founded the team with have all moved out of state and it's just too much hassle to coordinate comps across this distance. SO... I' m thinking of putting together a brand new team here in the St. Louis area. Anyone interested?
Pro Q Frontier, UDS (Little Red), "Turtle Drum" UDS, CG Gasser KCBS CBJ#61160
Southern Home Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
Smokin Mike
is One Chatty Farker

good luck to you, It's nice to have a team that its not just you.

does your wife help? (my wife does, and it's nice to have a extra eyes to see something during turn in, and she is the parsleygurl)
FEC-100's
KCBS, FBA Judge

Last edited by Smokin Mike; 12-03-2011 at 07:13 PM..
Smokin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

PM Ashmont. Not sure if he checks the comp forum too much. I know he's competed some, but I don't think he's hard core...yet.

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
HarleyEarl
Full Fledged Farker

Just go at it solo. When my team started competing, the team was just two of us, now it's just myself. Works out well and if I need help I just ask a friend or two to lend a hand. I also have complete control of how the meat is prepped and cooked so there is only one person to blame when the team gets a call or screws up. Only thing I dislike (hate is too harsh) is building the boxes when I can be downing a few cold ones with friends. And a big plus - no politics and no hard feelings.
CBJ
Six UDS's, Traeger 125, Traeger Jr, two HD Off-sets, and a home-made Trailer mounted smoker
Funny Farm BBQ
[URL="http://www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us"]www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us[/URL]
[COLOR=darkred][B]***2010 Great American Barbecue Baste of the Year***[/B][/COLOR]
HarleyEarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
Southern Home Boy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Mike View Post
good luck to you, It's nice to have a team that its not just you.

does your wife help? (my wife does, and it's nice to have a extra eyes to see something during turn in, and she is the parsleygurl)
Yeah, my wife and kids help out, but they don't do overnights. They show up Saturday morning to help w/ turn ins and clean up. It's good help, by they don't share the passion and they don't share expenses. To them it's work.

I was hoping for a couple of people who enjoy the sport as much as I do and who are willing to split costs and prizes. And pull fire watch for a couple of hours so I can grab a little sleep.
Pro Q Frontier, UDS (Little Red), "Turtle Drum" UDS, CG Gasser KCBS CBJ#61160
Southern Home Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Home Boy View Post
Yeah, my wife and kids help out, but they don't do overnights. They show up Saturday morning to help w/ turn ins and clean up. It's good help, by they don't share the passion and they don't share expenses. To them it's work.

I was hoping for a couple of people who enjoy the sport as much as I do and who are willing to split costs and prizes. And pull fire watch for a couple of hours so I can grab a little sleep.
If your wife and kids show up on Sat to do turn ins and clean up, you have it made!

I really like cooking by myself but the worst part is the clean up.

Thanks from: --->