Fire On Ice 2007 Pictures

U

Ulcer Acres

We teamed up with Smokinclones and cooked the Fire on Ice contest as "Smack Talk BBQ" it was a blast. I know the thought of cooking on a frozen lake seemed a little out there, but it was a great time. Turk did a great job of putting on the contest and everyone enjoyed them selves. Here is a link to some pictures that I took at the contest. By the way Smack Talk did win the GC. Turk is going for a proclimation from the govenor and going for an offical KCBS contest. I would highly suggest going to it.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ulceracres/FireOnIce2007

Congrats Randy - Looks like everyone had a good time. Hope everyone made it home OK afterwards - I saw that there was a good snow up that way over the weekend.

Ulcer Acres said:
We teamed up with Smokinclones and cooked the Fire on Ice contest as "Smack Talk BBQ" it was a blast. I know the thought of cooking on a frozen lake seemed a little out there, but it was a great time. Turk did a great job of putting on the contest and everyone enjoyed them selves. Here is a link to some pictures that I took at the contest. By the way Smack Talk did win the GC. Turk is going for a proclimation from the govenor and going for an offical KCBS contest. I would highly suggest going to it.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ulceracres/FireOnIce2007

I just got off the phone with Buzz, he told me about clones pellet smokers blowing across the ice. Sounds like a blast lol.

It is amazing how quickly I would give up BBQ if I had to cook on ice near ice or on anything cold as ice.

Ice is for cooling my drink. Not my ass.

OMG! That made me cold just looking at the pictures!

Congrats on a great contest and the victory!

Did you do any "carp" fishing through that little hole in the ice??:biggrin:

Neil, after 5 pieces of chicken you should have said big ass!
haha
Arlie

Wow looks like it took ours to the next level!! We just had the Polar swine next to the lake.... not ON a lake! That rocks man, looks like a heck of a time!

The whole idea is demented. I love it.

Brrrrrrrr!!!!!

...and to think, it was 104 degrees COLDER than it was in Mason City!!! you guys are nuts!!.... but we'll probably be joining you next year.....

The boys of Classic Rack BBQ Sioux Falls, SD

Great Post...Pictures were Great !! Looks like a good time was had by all!!

Great pictures, Randy! Congrats to team Smack Talk. You guys aren't planning on teaming up for any other midwest competitions are you? It's hard enough competing against you and Clones seperately!

Randy,

I've been ice diving many times, but then got my but out of there. I don't know about being on ice for two days. Sounds crazy to me.

There ought to be a law! There ought to be a law!

Great pics and I think too much fun... Sure wish I could have froze my butts off.... I guess meat inspection was easy, just put the meat on the ice.
Thanks for the pics
Merl

Thanks for the pic's I have printed them so when it's hotter than hell in Texas I can pull them out to cool down a little.

Looked like a great time had by all :biggrin:

Back