Best fitted cover for Weber Kettles

Groundhog66

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have gotten a couple versions, both of which turned brittle and fell apart. Can you suggest one that is durable?

I have the genuine Weber cover. My current one is a couple years old. I wash it every few months while I'm washing the car, and spray it with a Meguair's protectant similar to Armour-All. It still looks like new. It is outside 24/7.

CD

I had the Weber cover, and a generic. Both were kinda gray plastic, and ended up getting brittle from the sun and crackling apart.

I have the cover made by Weber . It is holding up good , it is over a year old .

Tim, Weber has two covers (last time I checked anyways). One is cheap and the other was about $10 more. Get the more $$$ one, it's much thicker and better quality. I've had mine a few years now and it looks as good as the day I got it. It's outside uncovered 24/7.

Yep, spend the bucks on the more expensive Weber cover and take care of it and your good to go. I have one on my 22 in kettle that is going on 5 years old and looks brand new!

I have the gray weber cover and have not had any problems with it but I have felt the better cover and its pretty thick and seems to be great quality. Here's the link to what it looks like. I see them all the time at Lowe's, Home Depot and Academy.

http://store.weber.com/items/?pid=1279

Doesn't look like they make a Premium cover for the 18.5" :confused:

Big Lot's had a yr end clearance last fall, had the cheapie generic ones 50% off the $7.99 price. I bought 2, figure if I get 2-3 yrs out of each one I'm still ahead.
Also watch Armorall on some plastic, vinyl products. I bought a new Tonneau cover for my truck last yr, the installers said to never use Armoral on it, something about it dries the product out.

Scott

Good idea. You've got a California sun to consider, and a spare is a great idea.

if i get serious about a cover i get them made by an upholstery shop. they use boat cover material. that lasts forever.

Tim, Weber has two covers (last time I checked anyways). One is cheap and the other was about $10 more. Get the more $$$ one, it's much thicker and better quality. I've had mine a few years now and it looks as good as the day I got it. It's outside uncovered 24/7.

Yeah, mine is thick, black and very flexible, even in cold weather. Like I said, I wash it and spray a protectant on it a few times a year, and it is doing fine, even in North Texas weather conditions.

CD

Back