Mmmm brisket

bbqwizard

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Mmmmm, brisket. Its a labor of love that's worth it! What is it about this cut that brings everyone to their knees?

Some consider it the toughest cut to cook right. Do you agree?

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_085709_954.jpg
    IMG_20200401_085709_954.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 192
Beautiful briskets.

Be sure to click the MMMM...BRISKET on the top left of page for you newbies!

Last edited:
I think it's all about knowing the equipment you've got and knowing how it works best. Logging your cooks, successes and failures is important.

I’m in the middle of a brisket experiment right now. I have two halves of a packer already cooked sous vide at 155* for 38 hours, now in my stick burner being heated and having bark applied. I hope it doesn’t suck, as the family (especially the dog) is counting on me. I’ll pull it off & rest a little when the IT hits 150* or so, ready to eat at that point.

If nothing else, it was a good excuse to take the afternoon off and sit outside (FINALLY sunny & 70’s) drinking beer, tending a fire, and smelling delicious beefy smoke.

My absolute favorite thing to cook. Takes a LONG time, is much less forgiving than pork butt. After running that offset all day and coming out with an almost perfect brisket there is nothing more satisfying!!

That feeling is probably the reason i cant get into pellet smokers. I need that work and accomplishment to really get the enjoyment out of the process.

rb

Great looking meat.
Big pit or small briskets?
Its not a small pit, but not large either. Briskets were around 15#, with the exception of one at 20#.

I’m in the middle of a brisket experiment right now. I have two halves of a packer already cooked sous vide at 155* for 38 hours, now in my stick burner being heated and having bark applied. I hope it doesn’t suck, as the family (especially the dog) is counting on me. I’ll pull it off & rest a little when the IT hits 150* or so, ready to eat at that point.

If nothing else, it was a good excuse to take the afternoon off and sit outside (FINALLY sunny & 70’s) drinking beer, tending a fire, and smelling delicious beefy smoke.

Amen to that! I can’t wait to see/hear your results.

My absolute favorite thing to cook. Takes a LONG time, is much less forgiving than pork butt. After running that offset all day and coming out with an almost perfect brisket there is nothing more satisfying!!

rb

I agree. Very rewarding for sure.

Brisket can be a more intense cook, but when it comes out at "Oh YEAH" it is worth all the labor and mental gymnastics.
Those are some EXCELLENT looking briskets, and I am sure that it tasted that way too.

Back