The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

Thanks for all the info on the MAK.. Assuming i get a MAK, is the MAK 2 worth the 1k dollars over the MAK 1?

Thanks for all the info on the MAK.. Assuming i get a MAK, is the MAK 2 worth the 1k dollars over the MAK 1?

In my opinion, absolutely! I have owned and cooked on both... and VERY much enjoyed both. That said, if $$ isn’t an obstacle the 2 Star is very much worth the price difference. You will not wear out a MAK... so I encourage guys/gals to look at it as a very long term investment. Buy once, cry once :)

In a word?

YYEEESSSSSSS!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: SMR
If we're talking the new 1 Star with the FlameZone standard and you do not need more than 2 grates for capacity I'm going to have to say no and in 2 years of owning a 1 Star I've never thought damn I wish I would have bought a 2 Star but hey I'm just a lowly 1 Star owner so don't pay me no never mind.

If we're talking the new 1 Star with the FlameZone standard and you do not need more than 2 grates for capacity I'm going to have to say no and in 2 years of owning a 1 Star I've never thought damn I wish I would have bought a 2 Star but hey I'm just a lowly 1 Star owner so don't pay me no never mind.

Lowly 1 Star owner here too. If you don't need the space, like me, the 1 Star should be ok.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If the only difference is the cooking space, then I think a 1 star will work great. I didn’t know if there were any other differences other than cooking space. Thanks for everyone insight!

If the only difference is the cooking space, then I think a 1 star will work great. I didn’t know if there were any other differences other than cooking space. Thanks for everyone insight!
Other than the option to use additional racks the 2 Star has a warmer/smoker box.

Lowly 1 Star owner here too. If you don't need the space, like me, the 1 Star should be ok.

Lowly MAK owner?!?! Kind of an oxymoron... lol.

Call me weird but I've kind of grown a liking to the aluminized steel for all it's properties, they use it in ovens and catalytic converters for a reason.

Not weird at all! I absolutely loved the 1 Star along with the aluminized construction!!

Not weird at all! I absolutely loved the 1 Star along with the aluminized construction!!
I know I’m just being facetious, my wife says I’m not as funny as I think I am but hey at least I can laugh at myself.

I know I’m just being facetious, my wife says I’m not as funny as I think I am but hey at least I can laugh at myself.

Humor is good medicine brother... even if self-administered [emoji1306][emoji38]

Your wife sounds brilliant...[emoji1787]

She is actually, a self made successful woman, me just a retired Vet working on becoming a beach bum, I haven’t quite got there yet but will continue to work on it. :thumb:

Last edited:
If y'all had 600ish dollars for a pellet pooper, which one would you pick up?

If I wasn't needing it to sear food, a Pitboss Copperhead is my favorite. I like mine. Main reason is the capacity, and the smoke/heat comes up from the bottom and airflow goes past all the meat. To me, that makes the best flavor for making BBQ. There are some other great options too for $600.

I just stumbled across a mak 2 star on craigslist near me for $1800, 2 years old...Im thinking its a really good deal, thoughts? What should I be looking for on a used Mak?

Thanks in advance

Back