MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #76
Southern Krunk BBQ Societ
Knows what a fatty is.

Great job, you should submit it for the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival in Hot Springs, one of the longest running documentary film festivals in the nation...
Southern Krunk BBQ Societ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #77
gmag
Full Fledged Farker

Looks good! Hopefully we get a blu-ray release!

Old 02-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #78
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

The whole trailer offended me from frame one. We bbq peeps are normal.

I consider myself a pretty normal guy with interests balanced in moderation. I am interested in many things besides just bbq.

Unlike the guys on here I keep my ego in check and I definitely would not consider myself self centered.

Never once spending too much time on anything that could be considered... an obsession.

Anyone who says I might be BBQStrange...well, Obviously has been Talkin' to the wife too much.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #79
Zombie Barbecue
Knows what a fatty is.

Much appreciated everybody. I am very glad that you guys are liking what we are making here. Truly. This doc is for us competitors. It shows our world, has unbelievable insight from all levels of competitors, and has a great soundtrack. Our goal with this is to give the public a glimpse into the REAL world of competition bbq, what its like to compete, how much time/energy/money it takes, and best of all, the camaraderie. Plus, how some past competitors have turned bbq into a business.

We are still in the editing phase (have over 15 hours of unbelievable footage) but I am always accepting original music and sponsorship. just contact me through our website.

Thank you all very much for your support. I hope we do you all proud and once its done I can finally get back to competing. Cheers everybody. I'll keep you all posted.

In smoke we trust.

www.DirtProductions.com

Last edited by Zombie Barbecue; 02-09-2013 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: sorry misspelled website
Zombie Barbecue is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #80
tx_poptart
Found some matches.

Kinda gets me fired up about the next few weeks of cooking...good stuff there....

Old 02-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #81
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_poptart View Post
Kinda gets me fired up about the next few weeks of cooking...good stuff there....
Yeah... Looks to be as good as Smokstack Lightning, another stellar Q film!

Edict.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #82
BBQ Sauce Works
Found some matches.

Default Trailer looks good!

My name's Josh with BBQ Sauce Works. I'm a BBQ Competitor and a media producer. You can check out a video I recently did at
. and find me at Phantomkow.com or bbqsauceworks.com. I just thought I would say hey and that I really like the look of the doc. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Good Luck with everything

BBQ Sauce Works
BBQ Sauce Works is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #83
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
The whole trailer offended me from frame one. We bbq peeps are normal.

I consider myself a pretty normal guy with interests balanced in moderation. I am interested in many things besides just bbq.

Chili Sauce Preview 1 - Popdaddy's Struggle with Boundaries - YouTube

Unlike the guys on here I keep my ego in check and I definitely would not consider myself self centered.

Chili Sauce Preview 3 - Popdaddy's Struggle with Control - YouTube

Never once spending too much time on anything that could be considered... an obsession.

Popdaddy IS Risen! - YouTube

Anyone who says I might be BBQStrange...well, Obviously has been Talkin' to the wife too much.

sauceloin - YouTube
I am sorry to hear that competition BBQ offends you. really! but why would you belittle a form of bbq that defines "the competitors" , have you competed? just wondering, or is this another way for you to promote your own agenda.. a video about competition is about competition correct, not your back yard cooker? or have you lost intrest in "wowing" others in another in a more comfortable venue
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #84
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

I sent your contact info to one Dorsey Odell, songwriter/guitar player bbq fool who has some original bbq music out there. Hopefully he will follow through.

Sent from deep in the swamp from my htc using tapatalk.
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #85
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Wow, you are quite a supercilious little gnome, aren't you? Joke.

I suppose you think in another thread where I commented that a certain person's excellent rib picture was too mahogany in appearance and "lacked the gray uniformity of a boil rib" would be meant to be taken literally. Do you think that was an insult? Or in other threads are you the type that thinks that I really intend to freeze Adam Perry Lang in liquid Nitrogen. Your type bring howls of derisive laughter.

Of course I do say these type of things because people like you give me a lot of amusement.

Now, am I offended? Do I really want to belittle the competitors or even the guy that made this film? No! Duh. Why else would I later comment in this thread that the film footage looked as good as another bbq documentary, "Smokestack Lightning" if you even know such a thing ever existed? If you are intellectually deficient I will explain; that is a compliment.

Second... I guess you didn't see the actual film the OP posted. Right from the start one of the featured players talks about what a peculiar breed we are. We are driven to create and push the envelope. So... in jest, I mention that I am offended by that classification and then offer evidence that I myself am that "warped." That's called comedic irony. Each segment of course lays a comedic element to the faults of our "breed."

As far as competition... I was competing before you sure as hell even started. To some distinction in Texas I might add. And really, I am sure the last time anyone ever referred to me, who raised more than 108K in charitable donations due to my Minnie Howell Good Vittles Society in the last three years, as a "backyard anything" was maybe 1988. In fact, in order to LAND the job assisting Ray Perez at the old Kruez that's exactly how I referred to myself.

Simply put, after a few awards and walks in one of the oldest BBQ Pageants in the nation, once you do the math as a winner, one realizes that they might do more good giving back to families in need than continuing to try and prove themselves. I have a true and proven method of cooking, one that some actually follow... so that assuredly makes me more than a backyard cooker. LOL

Furthermore, heck... you mentioning of the subject smacks that you disrespect the backyard cooker. Ah how the ignorant underestimate the novice. Let me know when you get to stage 4 of the "competitor" cycle, if you ever do. So few make it. Your stuck on number 2.

Now go back into one of your tribal huddles with your anti-funk lackeys and toss a few PM back and forth to figure out what you want to say next.

To the original poster... if I have to explain... it looks like your film will be doing much to show the world what little freaks we are, and we are. But remember Arnold in Pumping Iron when responding to people that said Bodybuilding was "strange" and "didn't make sense." He responded, "and racing around a race track in a speeding car does?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ View Post
I am sorry to hear that competition BBQ offends you. really! but why would you belittle a form of bbq that defines "the competitors" , have you competed? just wondering, or is this another way for you to promote your own agenda.. a video about competition is about competition correct, not your back yard cooker? or have you lost intrest in "wowing" others in another in a more comfortable venue

Edict.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #86
leanza
Babbling Farker

Great start. nice cinematography. Need to see more.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #87
leanza
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Sauce Works View Post
My name's Josh with BBQ Sauce Works. I'm a BBQ Competitor and a media producer. You can check out a video I recently did at http://youtu.be/IaK4uxuiuhs. and find me at Phantomkow.com or bbqsauceworks.com. I just thought I would say hey and that I really like the look of the doc. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Good Luck with everything

BBQ Sauce Works
Dang, I really enjoyed that. Right up there with anything else I saw.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #88
FlavorSavor
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Blah blah blah
I wonder if Rick Flair still talks about what he did in 1988 as if anyone cared?

Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #89
K-Train
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Wow, you are quite a supercilious little gnome, aren't you? Joke.

I suppose you think in another thread where I commented that a certain person's excellent rib picture was too mahogany in appearance and "lacked the gray uniformity of a boil rib" would be meant to be taken literally. Do you think that was an insult? Or in other threads are you the type that thinks that I really intend to freeze Adam Perry Lang in liquid Nitrogen. Your type bring howls of derisive laughter.

Of course I do say these type of things because people like you give me a lot of amusement.

Now, am I offended? Do I really want to belittle the competitors or even the guy that made this film? No! Duh. Why else would I later comment in this thread that the film footage looked as good as another bbq documentary, "Smokestack Lightning" if you even know such a thing ever existed? If you are intellectually deficient I will explain; that is a compliment.

Second... I guess you didn't see the actual film the OP posted. Right from the start one of the featured players talks about what a peculiar breed we are. We are driven to create and push the envelope. So... in jest, I mention that I am offended by that classification and then offer evidence that I myself am that "warped." That's called comedic irony. Each segment of course lays a comedic element to the faults of our "breed."

As far as competition... I was competing before you sure as hell even started. To some distinction in Texas I might add. And really, I am sure the last time anyone ever referred to me, who raised more than 108K in charitable donations due to my Minnie Howell Good Vittles Society in the last three years, as a "backyard anything" was maybe 1988. In fact, in order to LAND the job assisting Ray Perez at the old Kruez that's exactly how I referred to myself.

Simply put, after a few awards and walks in one of the oldest BBQ Pageants in the nation, once you do the math as a winner, one realizes that they might do more good giving back to families in need than continuing to try and prove themselves. I have a true and proven method of cooking, one that some actually follow... so that assuredly makes me more than a backyard cooker. LOL

Furthermore, heck... you mentioning of the subject smacks that you disrespect the backyard cooker. Ah how the ignorant underestimate the novice. Let me know when you get to stage 4 of the "competitor" cycle, if you ever do. So few make it. Your stuck on number 2.

Now go back into one of your tribal huddles with your anti-funk lackeys and toss a few PM back and forth to figure out what you want to say next.

To the original poster... if I have to explain... it looks like your film will be doing much to show the world what little freaks we are, and we are. But remember Arnold in Pumping Iron when responding to people that said Bodybuilding was "strange" and "didn't make sense." He responded, "and racing around a race track in a speeding car does?"
Wow that took a wrong turn. Thought this was about a BBQ film, not a post to attack each other. Back on point, the film looks awesome.
WSM 22.5
GMG Davy Crockett
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #90
Zombie Barbecue
Knows what a fatty is.

Just wanted to let any competitors know that we will be filming this year at Green Lane, PA "Smoke in the valley" bbq competition. This is a great event and any competition team that would like to be in the documentary we'd love to have you. The shot is going to be a super slowmo epic shot of a group of competitors running full blast with turnin containers. These will be the title shots to the doc and the only "cinematic" shot we're getting but we will most likely be filming early on Saturday morning. Should be some good stuff. So hope to see you out there. Oh and if all goes well, "American Smoke" will be available for purchase August 2013. We're very proud of this and I must say there is absolutely nothing else out there like it. hope you all enjoy. Cheers.