Official 2010 Jack Draw Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question?

What would happen if a team is drawn to represent a State and they can't go, for whatever reason? Is another team from that state drawn? Are there alternates?

Congrats to all who were lucky enough to be drawn! Ain't nuthin' in BBQ better than cooking The Jack. You've grabbed the brass ring boys.

Question?

What would happen if a team is drawn to represent a State and they can't go, for whatever reason? Is another team from that state drawn? Are there alternates?

To be entered in the draw the team has to submit paperwork in advance of the draw. If, after the draw, you can't go the spot is left vacant I believe.

Still confused

No you don't. The Jack wants every state represented not a team from every state. Mass had 2 qualifers. Ique won both but ique had an auto because they won the jack last year. Therefore the state of massachusetts was not represented. Any team from mass that won a qualifier in any other state and was not already drawn was put into a hat.

I understand your response that each State should be represented with a qualifying GC champion from a contest in that state (but not necessarily a team that resided in that state).

Can you help me out.. here is my situation. My interpretation of the Draw guidelines was different though.

I was the only Ohio team that won 1 of the 3 qualifying contests in Ohio. The other two contests were won by Smoke n Ice (TX) and Mooswiners (KY). Smoke n Ice was pulled from the Ohio barrel. I do not think that there were any other Ohio teams (besides mine) that won a qualifying contest, and were therefore in any other State barrel?
The letter from the contest read... "If any team is the only Grand Champion from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state...if there are numerous Grand Champions from any state and none of their names have been drawn, all Grand Champions from that state will go into a draw to determine who represents their home state" Again, I think I was the only Ohio team with a GC? My team was not drawn from the Ohio barrel, and I was not selected to represent my home state of Ohio... have I mis-interpreted how the draw works?

Unfortunately, it is not my interpretation of how the Draw works that matters though.

The Jack Draw (capitalized on purpose) is really, REALLY cool!

I was out checking out the contest site a little while ago and stopped to talk to Mack and Sharon from Smoke'n Ice. Mack found a PDF with the results on his phone but couldn't open it. I opened mine and had to fight to hold back the smile before I stuck my hand out and gave him the news.

It was really cool to be there, to see just how much it meant to Mack and Sharon! Congrats!

Congrats also go out to Andy and Kim from Smoke on Wheels! I think Andy's phone had just about melted when I got ahold of him! The luck of the wild card couldn't fall on two more deserving people, or two better friends!

EDIT: After I told Mack they were in, he insisted on seeing it for himself!;)

Any Ohio team winning a GC in any state goes into the home team draw. So if an OH team was drawn from say MI then there's an Ohio team at the Jack and no State draw needed. Does that help.

I understand your response that each State should be represented with a qualifying GC champion from a contest in that state (but not necessarily a team that resided in that state).

Can you help me out.. here is my situation. My interpretation of the Draw guidelines was different though.

I was the only Ohio team that won 1 of the 3 qualifying contests in Ohio. The other two contests were won by Smoke n Ice (TX) and Mooswiners (KY). Smoke n Ice was pulled from the Ohio barrel. I do not think that there were any other Ohio teams (besides mine) that won a qualifying contest, and were therefore in any other State barrel?
The letter from the contest read... "If any team is the only Grand Champion from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state...if there are numerous Grand Champions from any state and none of their names have been drawn, all Grand Champions from that state will go into a draw to determine who represents their home state" Again, I think I was the only Ohio team with a GC? My team was not drawn from the Ohio barrel, and I was not selected to represent my home state of Ohio... have I mis-interpreted how the draw works?

Unfortunately, it is not my interpretation of how the Draw works that matters though.

are you sure no other team from ohio was drawn ? I seem to recall Yabba Dabba que getting in that way last year.

Congrats to all the teams that were drawn and to the teams that won 7! Man, I have a new goal.

Congrats to the Brethren that made the draw!:clap2:

Goodluck next year for those that didn't!:clap2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back