Pitts & Spitts adjustable charcoal grill. Reviews?

tbag

Knows what a fatty is.
Hi.

Posted earlier this week that I’m looking for a new grill/smoker.
Pitts & Spitts really caught my eye. I’m thinking about buying one of their charcoal grill. Either the adjustable charcoal grill or the one with the flattop.

I have a couple of questions before buying:)

1. Is the only main difference between these two the lid and one cooking grate vs two?

2. They both seem to have a log lighter with the use of gas. Does this prevent the charcoal grate from going further down to the bottom? Can I remove the log lighter and get the charcoal grate even lower? If removing the log lighter, can I just replace the hole with a bolt and nut? When setting the charcoal grate to the lowest position, how many inches is it to the cooking grate?

Will also be using it to brisket,ribs and whole piglet/hogs (big as the smoker can handle). Will this work or is the charcoal grate to near the cooking grate?

Hope to hear from you guys:)

You'd have much better luck emailing / calling Pitts and Spitts as someone there will be able to 100% accurately answer all your questions.

From their website
CALL US
844-650-6250
+1-713-690-1181 (Outside of the US)

Good luck as those grills look amazing! I've seen Sam Jones (Skylight Inn BBQ, Sam Jones BBQ) roast a whole hog on a similar style grill and it was some of the best pulled pork I've ever had in my life.

The Pitts & Spitts adjustable charcoal grill is a standout choice for barbecue enthusiasts. Its adjustable features allow for precise control over temperature, ensuring perfect results every time. The sturdy construction and durable materials make it a long-lasting investment. Users praise its versatility, ease of use, and the ability to achieve excellent flavor with charcoal grilling. Overall, it receives high marks for performance and reliability, making it a top pick for grilling aficionados.

Back