MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Big_Alvin
Full Fledged Farker

Default cooking for 100 this weekend - sanity check om food quantities

big bash at the house this weekend to celebrate my youngest daughter getting her MBA and my other daughter leaving for california to attend Stanford law school. Got around 100 people coming to the house and i gotta feed them. Menu is pulled pork, brisket, baby backs, slaw and mac/cheese. Need a sanity check on the amounts. Here's what i figure.
  • pulled pork and brisket - need about 30lbs cooked of each for a 1/3 lb serving so i figure on about 60lbs uncooked weight of each
  • ribs - 20 racks to allow 3 bones each
  • 4 full pans of mac/cheese
  • 2 full pans of cole slaw
does this sound about right? There's some serious eaters in this crowd. thanks for your feedback.....Al

Old 07-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
armor
is one Smokin' Farker

How SERIOUS? You might want to kick in an extra 10%. I am doing the same thing this weekend. Pulled Pork, chicken, smoked sausage, and sides. Good Luck!

Risk is the price you pay for opportunity.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
armor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
Big_Alvin
Full Fledged Farker

thanks armor - went with @70lbs each on both briskets and pork butts and 24 racks ribs. good luck with ur smoke.....al
Old 07-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

With all that meat I think you would be able to go with 2 ribs/person and then have extra at the end if anyone wants more. The ribs I got at Sam's for the restaurant were huge they averaged about 3# each.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Big_Alvin
Full Fledged Farker

well, the party was great. it rained like hell but thankfully we had rented a big tent. we had around 25 no-shows, so there were only @ 75 in attendance. had 1 full pan of brisket left, 1 full pan ribs and 1/2 pan each of slaw and mac and cheese. So the numbers were pretty close. i figure if we had the extra 25 people there would have been fewer left overs. probably could have used 2 more butts as that went quickly.