I just renewed my membership, how about you?

Babyboomerboy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I can’t believe that it has been a year already since I joined the Brethren. I just renewed my membership for another year. As I think back to what all I have learned this past year I can’t help but feel I am spending my money as wisely as I have ever spent it. In the last year I have built a UDS and have cooked on it a hundred times, (never counted, just guessing). I built a reverse flow smoker out of a 250 gallon propane tank and have begun to learn how to keep my temperatures where I want them. Both of these projects would have never happened if I hadn’t found this web site, read, ask questions and gotten great advice from all of you. I have watched several of you present your pron for all sorts of dishes and each one has inspired me to try them and improve my cooking. I have meet several of you at cook offs here in Kansas and at the Royal and feel I have gained good friends and Brethren. And best of all, I got all this for $25 a year. Last year when I joined the Brethren I put out a challenge to all the lurkers who come here read, learn but have not joined, to stand up and join this site and be counted. Well now I challenge those of you that took me up on that challenge to again renew your membership and to all those that have been holding back to step up to the plate and join. You won’t find a better group of people, a more knowledgeable group of people, or a friendlier group of people than here on this Forum. This past year has been one of the most growing years of my old life and I owe it all to you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.:clap2: :clap2::clap2:

I just renewed mine a couple months ago, and it is money well spent to have a place to come everyday and look at what everyone ells is doing

Jeanie, I remember last year you were one of the Brethren that joined the same day I did. You are also one of the people I was referring to as posting pron that inspired me. You are one of my hero's.........:-D
Thanks for a great year
I remember too!! You were the one who convinced me to join! :-D Thank you for the kind comment Babyboomer, you are one of the reasons I stay on this forum..
There are so many nice people here... really feels like family.
Thanks Babyboomer. :cool:

I remember too!! You were the one who convinced me to join! :-D Thank you for the kind comment Babyboomer, you are one of the reasons I stay on this forum..
There are so many nice people here... really feels like family.
Thanks Babyboomer. :cool:

You betcha Sista!

dumb question but how do I know when my subscription expires? Senility...grrrr! LOL

dumb question but how do I know when my subscription expires? Senility...grrrr! LOL

After you join the Brethren you will receive an email when its time to renew your membership. Very easy, no muss, no fuss.:becky:

Just did this morning!!

It's been a year for me too, seems like longer, yet I can't believe it's been a year already!

It took me about 2 days of lurking around and observing how great everyone around here was/is to know that this place has some sort of crazy that I belong to! :crazy:

I have never even signed up to have a username on any other forum, I just assumed that everyone else on the internet was as big of a jerk as me, and there was no way that I wanted to hang out with them, let alone pay for a subscription to!!!

This place has changed my head when it comes to that... sure we see little spats and junk go on occasionally, but it's rare from what I see - and we've got some amazing mods too, alot of hard work and care goes into the job they perform. ...'cept fer that bobbrisket fella... not sure how he got a badge. :confused:

I've even had a chance to meet waaay more of the folks/friends around here than I eve thought possible in a year!! In fact, I think I'll say Hi to all of em' right now...

Howdy!!! - Poob, bigdog, Rookie48, woodwardbbq, yelonutz, yakfishingfool, chicagosizzlin', swine assassins, bigmista, daedalus, Jorge, MooCow, Solidkick, Ronnelle & Parsley Lady, Pickled Pig, Ho-De-Do, Jonny Rotisserie, swamprb, JDMcGee, NW BBQ, Jeff Selle, Jeff S, Ted Reader, Prarie Smoke & Spice, weconway, Paul B, and of course the first 2... dgassaway & gdulin Man seems like I'm forgetting a few even... Oh, I guess I coulda added Bigabyte to that list IF he could have been bothered to stop by and see me at the Royal... :rolleyes: Yeah, Chris, I'mma git me some mileage outta that one!

Still not having any luck with renewing mine.

Back