Check out my balls (moink, moink).

71-South

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
A vendor is taking us to the Chiefs game tomorrow. I'm doing 60 moink balls (w/ Yard Bird, mmmm...), an 11 lb. brisket, a double batch of Keri C's beans, and a couple of fatties for the occasion. My boss is kicking in six slabs of baby backs. I'm thinking the 10 of us will be fat and happy.

By the way, the thing that looks like a drumstick is the end of the brisket that I cut off so it would fit in my large BGE.

Now if the Chiefs could just get better, I'd be stylin'.

-Bret

MoinkCook111508.jpg

By the way, I made them with the beef meatballs from Sam's and thick sliced bacon.

Hey Larry, does this earn me the official title of "Moink Baller"?

I dont have tickets to the game but that grub looks good enough to pay for parking and crash a party!

hopefully they will keep doing what has been scoring points and not go back to LJ runs right, LJ runs left.....

You are close, oh so close. Got pictures of the finished product?

Coming up in a couple of hours. Thanks!

I dont have tickets to the game but that grub looks good enough to pay for parking and crash a party!

hopefully they will keep doing what has been scoring points and not go back to LJ runs right, LJ runs left.....

No doubt. I hope they find a way to work him into the Thigpen spread offense. Either way, though. Drew Brees is the QB on both of my fantasy teams, so between the food and him playing the career day defense, I should have a good day.

i've got to make balls soon

how old is that egg, mon? :biggrin:

Wow that all looks great. I was wondering how much meat you can fit on a LBGE. Are the fatties on there on the other side of the Brisket?

how old is that egg, mon? :biggrin:

The wife got it in '97 or '98. I keep meaning to upgrade the hinges, but I keep having no money. :)

Are the fatties on there on the other side of the Brisket?

Nope. The fatties are going on late tonight with the beans.

There's a little room in back of the brisket, but the egg is pretty much full otherwise. That's an 11 lb. briskie and 60 moinkers. I've cooked a 14 lb. brisket, two 8 lb. butts, and a couple of fatties on it at one time, but that's about as tight as I've had it.

OK, I humbly submit my first official moink balls in the hopes of becoming a bona fide moink baller.

Sam's premade beef meatballs, thick sliced bacon, Yard Bird rub. Smoked until they looked pretty much done. Mixed Masterpiece, apple juice, and a little brown sugar until somewhat thin. Dunked each moink ball in that, added another hearty sprinkle of Yard Bird, then put back on the smoker for 30-40 minutes to bake that last stuff in.

Mmmmmmm...

finished-moinks-111508.jpg

a ball!
but those are entirely too small :shock:

By the power invested in me, by me, I do hereby certify 71 South as an official MOINK Ball maker.

Congrats.

(I wish I was getting a royalty on these things)

Thanks, all, and thanks for the cert, Larry.

I do have to admit, though, that I liked them a little better with sausage (that's all I had the other day when I wanted to try them.

Q on !!!

Looks good. Keep turning out good food on that old egg!

Back