Spicewine Experiment w/ pics

The Basket came from Thom and Kyle Emery, the West Coast Distributors for Spicewine smokers. The U-shaped basket helps with a slow burn of the charcoal. You fill the basket with unlit charcoal except for the small section in the fron on the left. You add a small amount of lit charcoal to that section. The middle is left empty. The charcoal will burn it's way around the "U" giving a 10-20 hour burn depending on how high you run the temps.

Hope this helps.

Great Idea - now I gotta go build one and try it. :-D

Thanks
Rodney

You load it different depending on what, when and how your cooking,
We have found the basket like Neils does not need to be full for a normal 4
meat cook off We also make a nestable set of baskets that can be connected
to give you the same results

I haven't found sinks but I don't need them for this weekend because Big Brother Smoke is bringing his trailer. I'm going to a place called Payson Caster this morning to get wheels.

what was your reason for going dry?

I want to do that more and more with my BWS because water makes for such a PIA when its time to clean up. I tried some foil pans filled with sand didn't work well at all might have to try the rocks.....kinda like that idea

I put the rocks it to stabilize the temps and get longer burns. I didn't go totally dry because I did start with about 1/2 gallon of water. I just never replenished it.And I put the pans over the rocks to keep them clean and have easier cleanups.

I haven't found sinks but I don't need them for this weekend because Big Brother Smoke is bringing his trailer. I'm going to a place called Payson Caster this morning to get wheels.

Were you able to find the wheels you needed? Also can you tell us where this Payson is located?

Payson is at 6900 Cherry Ave. Long Beach, CA.

Glen is at home putting the wheels on as we speak.

Back