logo

New Years Surf, Turf, Or Both?

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
looks like a bunch of us is doing this but HOW? Michael even done did his. What's your procedure, are you using Prime Rib, Spliting your lobster through to make it not curl, sticking sticks through to keep em from curling, WHAT? I'll go first cuz I'm sooooo proud - I got me a 3 boner ribber and I do plan on having a lil tail with it too. I'll do the new marinate and no rub recipe which is simple this secret marinade and no rub on that piece of meat for 24 hours before hitting the heat and then all the tricks I can muster to keep them tails from curling up while brushing them with lemon butter to make em better.

I butterfly my lobster tails before i grill them

Cut through the top of the shell with shears.
Open up shell
Pull meat out from the opposite end of tail
Close shell
lay meat on top
season meat
grill

Attachments

• lobster tail.jpg
    lobster tail.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 61
looks like a bunch of us is doing this but HOW? Michael even done did his. What's your procedure, are you using Prime Rib, Spliting your lobster through to make it not curl, sticking sticks through to keep em from curling, WHAT? I'll go first cuz I'm sooooo proud - I got me a 3 boner ribber and I do plan on having a lil tail with it too. I'll do the new marinate and no rub recipe which is simple this secret marinade and no rub on that piece of meat for 24 hours before hitting the heat and then all the tricks I can muster to keep them tails from curling up while brushing them with lemon butter to make em better.

"I got me a 3 boner ribber and I do plan on having a lil tail with it too."

Gotta go wood pile here on ya brother! :eek::eek::eek:...:lol::lol::lol:

We WERE gonna have surf-n-turf but now we're goin' over to Mr. & Mrs. Swamprb's...not sure what he's cookin'. :cool:

"I got me a 3 boner ribber and I do plan on having a lil tail with it too."

Gotta go wood pile here on ya brother! :eek::eek::eek:...:lol::lol::lol:

We WERE gonna have surf-n-turf but now we're goin' over to Mr. & Mrs. Swamprb's...not sure what he's cookin'. :cool:

Sounds like fun. Happy New Year.

not the WOODPILE!!! surely not, I been saving up for a long time for some that stuff - you know how expensive it can be! anyway I did the ol "how do you" search on Lobster and found this...

http://www.lobsterhelp.com/index.html

do I see another trip to woodpile?

not the WOODPILE!!! surely not, I been saving up for a long time for some that stuff - you know how expensive it can be! anyway I did the ol "how do you" search on Lobster and found this...

http://www.lobsterhelp.com/index.html

do I see another trip to woodpile?

The Teet has frozen lobster tails for 5.99, I was thinking of getting a few...never cooked them before....this helps. Thanks.
(I have to say the "3 boner" comment did catch me off guard though!

Back