• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Fruit" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Fruits!"[/size]
FC02-7542.jpg

Photo from fotobank[/url].

...as chosen by FattyMac, the winner of the Roots Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/4 through Sunday 6/13.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 6/13.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 6/14 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 6/18. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Salad Throwdown until Sunday night 6/6 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Food from a place you'd like to visit Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Why didn't I just wait a couple of days and overlap my salad entry w/ this? :shock:
Not sure where to go with this one now.

Roots, salads and now fruits...WTH! I have a killer cherry sauce and a real nice shot of it on a hunk of meat, wonder if that counts.

I really need to proof my posts and consider them more carefully.

Chocolate Cherries Jubilee

Saw plenty of recipes for cherries jubilee, but none for chocolate cherries jubilee. I cooked some cherries, with a little wine and a little sugar and a little corn starch and a little butter.

IMG_0220-1.jpg

Then I poured this on top of some French vanilla ice cream, added some chunks of chocolate and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

IMG_0236-1.jpg

Then I added some cherry brandy to the top (Chris, use this pic)

IMG_0237-1.jpg

and watched it all get melty and gooey

IMG_0240-1.jpg

Dammit Gore! That is too good! It's not fair! Nice work by the way.:cool: It's not fair!

Yeah, it's probably too good. Since I'd vote for it, you'll probably wind up in the middle of the pack.

Back