• no

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • I need help

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters

smoke-n-my-i's

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am already looking at next year. Some comps are starting to show up on the KCBS site as well as the MABA site.

I have made a calendar and will be filling in the dates and seeing what will work.

Hope to see some of you next year.

Bill

Bill, I look forward to seeing you again. Do you know if they're going to be doing Smithfield's Slammin BBQ again in Norfolk? That was one prestigious field. Kind of like a mini Jack. Hope to see them do it again.

I'm still waiting to take my cooking class this off season. Sometime after the Christmas holiday season we'll start putting our schedule together for next year.

We probably wont make decisions until February. Am hoping to get in a cooking class and judging school between now and then.

We've signed up for Rod Gray's and Johnny Trigg's cooking techniques class in Shannon in April. I've heard nothing but great things about this class and am looking forward to it. Until then lots of practice in the offseason.

I am still searching for a new cooker(not that I need any). glad I still have a few months.Hope to meet you all when we are out on the road!

I am getting ready. Picked up a new Stumps Elite 6 last Saturday. I cooked on it 3 times this week. Also bought a toy hauler to haul our stuff around. I can't say I don't have the tools I need to get the job done. Plan to spend Dec-Feb tweaking techniques and flavor profile. Looking back at 2007, I think for a first year team we held our own. We competed in 12 contests and got calls in 4. Our best overall finish was a 4th in Cookeville. Hope we can take it to the next level in 2008. Good luck to all and haapy Q'ing!

We'll be doing a few. After that cooker Robert built got us four calls and 4th overall out of 42 at her first comp (and only her 4th fire) back in October, we're looking forward to trying to do her justice this coming year. Hope to see lots of you this year!

Keri C

Bill, I look forward to seeing you again. Do you know if they're going to be doing Smithfield's Slammin BBQ again in Norfolk? That was one prestigious field. Kind of like a mini Jack. Hope to see them do it again.

I have emailed Donna twice, and haven't heard anything yet. I sure hope they do... I agree, that was one nice event for their first one.

Technically our year isn't over until May, but we do have a nice break through the holidays. I'll enjoy the break but I'm ready to cook again. We start up again in mid January and cook through Memorial Day weekend.

Still have one more to do in December (for a total of 24 this year), then 3 in January. There really isn't an off season down here. 8)

Better Days Barbeque will be on the road this coming year! we had such a good time at The Battle of The BBQ Brethren that now we want to try to do five comps in the northeast this season. my brothers who just came along to help me were trying to talk me into doing the one in NC on nov 10th but it was too far for us. they got the smoke in their blood now though! i was thinking Guitarbique and Hudson Valley but after that we are open to suggestions. really looking foward to Sayville again though. just under eleven months left to go. yee haaa!

phil

I would be if I could just win the dam lottery so I could get me that new 5th wheel toyhauler I think I gotta have.

I am actually thinking about retirement. Maybe judge the whole summer instead.:roll:

Back