Conquering the mutant Jalapenos and more...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Fired up the Egg today to do some cooking.

Using Humphrey's Lump these days... lots of big chunks.

194.jpg

So today was the day to put the mutant jalapenos in their place...

196.jpg

Cut them in half...
198.jpg

Stuffed them with...

199.jpg

Wrapped bacon (duh)
201.jpg

Then on the Egg...

Next up - time to make some ground beef...

Started with these...
202.jpg

After some mediocre knife skills we get this..
203.jpg

Then after the second grind...
204.jpg

Time to make the burgers

208.jpg

209.jpg

210.jpg

212.jpg

213.jpg

ABTs were done...
205.jpg

And the burgers...
217.jpg

Soup's on!

218.jpg

Thanks for looking....

Looks delishious! Have you ever tried making the ABTs using the boat method?Cut them in half lengthwise and add filling like filling a boat then bacon wrap.It seems to keep the meaty goodness in the pepper better,less leakage.ABT dip is good too for a crowd,same great taste,much less work.

Looks delishious! Have you ever tried making the ABTs using the boat method?Cut them in half lengthwise and add filling like filling a boat then bacon wrap.It seems to keep the meaty goodness in the pepper better,less leakage.ABT dip is good too for a crowd,same great taste,much less work.

Yep, was contemplating boating them, but opted to just whack them in half.

Thanks Titch. Made your potatoes Saturday night, they were quite a hit!

Those are some big a$$ jalapenos! Are they Mexican? Love the burger press!!! Nice meal too.

No clue. Big Al picked them up at the local produce market.
As for the press, got it the same Christmas Big Al got me the grinder. Love the bundeling of gifts.

They look great! :hungry:

As an aside, did you look at the "ingredients" for the grated cheese? I learned recently that the producers put starch and stuff on them. I suppose that's necessary to keep it from turning into a sticky mess, but it has put me off buying grated cheese. I've been grating my own. Of course I use cream cheese in my poppers and that's really hard to grate. :doh:

Yum, it's been a while since we did anything with peppers and those look great - and I would tear those burgers up. Fresh ground meat is the way to go!

As HankB said, shredded cheese does have starch, usually potato starch to keep it from sticking. We stopped getting pre-shredded cheese years ago because of that, it doesn't melt as easily as pure cheese.

They look great! :hungry:

As an aside, did you look at the "ingredients" for the grated cheese? I learned recently that the producers put starch and stuff on them. I suppose that's necessary to keep it from turning into a sticky mess, but it has put me off buying grated cheese. I've been grating my own. Of course I use cream cheese in my poppers and that's really hard to grate. :doh:

That stuff all looks great LM!

Love that burger press too!

Speaking of Humphrey's lump, you should check out this thread. :wink:

Very nice Lynn How do you like grinding your own meat What type of grinder are you using
I like it George - I like having control of what's in there, the size of the grind, etc. It's not hard to do, a little prep work is all it really takes.

Al got me this grinder from Cabela's

Works really well, can also be used as a stuffer if you want to make sausage.
I really like the burger press - this way you don't compress the meat so much that it gets tough, you use the screw at the top to select the size of your patty. These were 1/4 pounders. Now that they are frozen I will vacu-seal them.

That is a great cook L-M, jalapenos have been getting bigger and bigger it seems.

Love the peppers!!
I like rolling them in brown sugar after I wrap them with bacon. As far as stuffing them. I've used all different types of cheese and cream cheese.
Always a crowd pleaser. Putting some HDD on them is also a kick!!

I've been grinding allot of my own hamburger meat lately.
Got a brisket flat last week on sale. 6 pounder. My wife made a meatloaf out of 1 1/2 pounds of it. Turned out awesome!!

I sure would like to get one of them fancy hamburger makers you have

Your burgers looked great!!
Thanks for sharing!

Back