DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Due to Ninja’s taco post I’ve been craving some tacos. I made up some Carne Asada with some Nice flap meat the local market had on sale. Here are most of the ingredients for the marinate.

Recipe is as follows: (A combination of Tyler Florence’s and one from Allrecipes.com)
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
4 gloves of garlic – minced.
2 limes juiced
1 orange juiced
1/2 tsp. salt.
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. chipotle pepper
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 cup EVOO

Mix everything up in a bowl

Diced up one jalapeno,

1/4 cup packed cilantro

and added it plus 1/4 cup diced onion to the pool and stirred.

Here is the flap meat.

I cut it into more manageable pieces and put it plus the marinate into a gallon Ziploc and massaged it to get good coverage.

While it was getting happy I diced up some more onion and cilantro and made up some Avocado Tomatillo salsa.

Later I got my Weber OTS ready and lite up some charcoal in my chimney.

Once it was up to temp I put on the meat.

Once it was close to being done I warmed up some street taco tortillas.

Once everything was done I cut up the meat into strips and then approximate 3/4" pieces.

I then set up the taco cart, errr I mean bar and we sat down to eat.

Plated street taco style with a Negro Modelo.

Muy delicioso!

Thanks for looking.

Those are my style tacos DH. I love the avocado salsa as well. Hands down my favorite salsa. Looks amazing!! :thumb:

Y'all Cali boys make better food than the Mexican folks around here do. Dangit man do those tacos look good.

Looks delicious. If I were to go in my local market and buy that same cut of beef, would I be looking for a package that said "flap meat" on it ? thanks

Those are some good looking tacos. Might have to do something like that for dinner tonight.

DerHusker, great looking Street Tacos. I'm sure they were good. That's interesting small charcoal basket underneath. I would have never thought of that, perfect for small cooks.

Back