Thursday Night Basic Ribeye

Chett. L

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Smoked the Ribeye at 275 for an hour, then seared at 300 using the grill grates for a couple of minutes. We like our meat cooked medium plus. Seasoning, rock salt, garlic & pepper. Next time the wife said to take hers off a little sooner. The meat was tender with nice flavor including the smoke.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 148
Smart wife.You cannot “uncook” anything but you can throw it back on the grill for a minute or two.

Those are some nice looking cuts

I agree with your pan as I always support the bottom

I wouldn't consider 300 degrees a sear, but who am I

Looks great as usual Chett!

I wouldn't consider 300 degrees a sear, but who am I

The grill grates usually run hotter than the ambient temp in the "pit" by nature of being aircraft aluminum. I have confirmed this with an infrared thermometer.

But I agree...I'd probably reverse sear with the "pit" temp set to closer to 400 than 300...that'll get some nice "crunch" on that sear without drying anything out.

Last edited:
The grill grates usually run hotter than the ambient temp in the "pit" by nature of being aircraft aluminum. I have confirmed this with an infrared thermostat.

But I agree...I'd probably reverse sear with the "pit" temp set to closer to 400 than 300...that'll get some nice "crunch" on that sear without drying anything out.

Thank you.

Back