MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #2506
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

So are you open 7 days a week now? Smoking on Monday to get ahead?

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #2507
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
So are you open 7 days a week now? Smoking on Monday to get ahead?
No, still just wed-sun. We already start smoking on Tuesday and also have deliveries, so even adding one more day would result in a 7 day workweek. Maybe next year, but for now I'm good with this schedule.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #2508
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

And it happened again tonight. Was out to eat with the fam at a japanese place in South Bend tonight and after about 20 minutes in, the couple next to us lean over and say I look familiar and wonder if I'm the chef at the prized pig. Understandable if they frequent the place, but they said they have never been before.

What the heck?

Oh, otherwise, this corporate cooking event today was great. They gave us way too much meat for the crowd, but otherwise it was fantastic. Got to serve some big wigs from Chicago, made some supplier connections, and possibly got a few new gigs out of the deal. Oh, and did I mention I got paid to sit around a smoker and drink beer all day? Now that's a job.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #2509
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

Well, if you would stop wearing your "Do you know who I am?" shirt you wouldn't draw so much attention......

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #2510
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillsGoneWild View Post
Well, if you would stop wearing your "Do you know who I am?" shirt you wouldn't draw so much attention......
Haha. I wasn't even wearing any PP garb.

Although I did see somebody wearing one of my shirts out on the street a while back and that was pretty awesome.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #2511
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
Look At these bad boys. new menu special?

One of my favorite cuts of meat to roast or smoke, and one of the under sung cuts of Texas BBQ.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-14-2014, 03:29 AM   #2512
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke duke View Post
You might consider offering whole breasts. They don't take up much space and they're real easy to cook. Just remove the skin, season them with S&P, cook them on high heat to an IT of 160 and you're done. They even taste great cold.
We sell turkey breasts daily. rarely more than a two hour cook. High yield meat also.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2014, 07:06 AM   #2513
Burnt at Both Endz
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Quote:
And it happened again tonight. Was out to eat with the fam at a japanese place in South Bend tonight and after about 20 minutes in, the couple next to us lean over and say I look familiar and wonder if I'm the chef at the prized pig. Understandable if they frequent the place, but they said they have never been before.

What the heck?

Oh, otherwise, this corporate cooking event today was great. They gave us way too much meat for the crowd, but otherwise it was fantastic. Got to serve some big wigs from Chicago, made some supplier connections, and possibly got a few new gigs out of the deal. Oh, and did I mention I got paid to sit around a smoker and drink beer all day? Now that's a job.
Heck, almost like us comp cooks. Except we "pay" to set around a smoker and drink beer all day.
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #2514
Vestal
Got Wood.

Quote:
Haha. I wasn't even wearing any PP garb.

Although I did see somebody wearing one of my shirts out on the street a while back and that was pretty awesome.
It was probably the scent of smoke that gave you away
Vestal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #2515
DaveAlvarado
is One Chatty Farker

I'll be introducing the North Texas Brethren to your pickles on Saturday. Going to make up a batch probably Wednesday night.
DaveAlvarado is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #2516
EricD
is One Chatty Farker

Jeremy, thanks for the update! I glad things are still going so well for you. And a big thank you for the pickles recipe. I made it this weekend and I'm kickin' myself for not doing it sooner.
To all else....If you haven't made the pickles yet, make them! Well worth your time and effort (which really isn't much). I am not a huge pickle person, maybe on a sandwich. But I don't usually eat them out of the jar as a snack. Honestly, I can't stop running to the fridge to "grab just one more". These things are REALLY good!
EricD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #2517
Kev2u
Got rid of the matchlight.

That's awesome. Just remember, "To whom much is given, Much is required" It's great to see your success the 1st yr out!
Weber Kettle 23"
Weber Summit Platinum Series Gas
Weber Genesis Gas
Kev2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2014, 11:30 PM   #2518
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

I just got laid off (position eliminated), so maybe I should go hang with you for a week to get a taste of what bbq restaurant life is all about.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #2519
gaspipe1
Full Fledged Farker

marubozo, as I have said in the past, thanks for sharing! it's been a great read. I have a question that I do not think has been asked:

From my understanding you live real close to your spot. If you were to do it again, would you still do it close to home or would you rather do it a few towns over (perhaps 30-60 min ride or so).

Also if you did do it further away do you think you would have been able to get it up and running with the added commute?

Thanks again and all the best
Gaspare
gaspipe1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2014, 10:17 PM   #2520
Elrik
On the road to being a farker

Love the look of those chops. Think i am going to have to try smoking them whole like that soon and see how it turns out! Happy almost one year anniversary, i still remember the agony from the first opening date push backs, what a ride!
Elrik is offline   Reply With Quote