• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Franklin UFC Pork Butt

Muscrat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
When the UFC cranks up so does the smoker!
I've watched the Franklin pulled pork video at least 5 times and decided to give it a try. I've done several butts so its not completely Chinese. I'm gonna try to do it around 300° so we'll see what happens. The wind here today is pretty high so keeping it at 250-275 will be a chore so 300 it will be, hopefully.
View attachment 77198
Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika
View attachment 77199
10.54lbs of pure love!!!
Baby backs will be added in 5 hrs!

Last edited:
Yeah I'm excited. I couldn't decide whether to cook it on the UDS or the big cooker. Here's a pic of the cooker.
View attachment 77200
Stay Tuned!

Last edited:
I am doing a couple of fatties and some smoked wings for the fights tonight. Great lookin rig and I am definitely looking forward to how your franklin pork butt turns out.

The butt came off at 7hrs. It was tender and felt good. Temp was 199. Its resting now while the ribs finish up.
Pics will come shortly!!

Ok I'm an idiot. The pork butt might not have been a butt. The packing said it was but it didn't have a blade in it. There was an leg bone or something. Oh well! It still turned out pretty good.
View attachment 77230
The ribs came out pretty good. The flavor that came out wasn't bad it just isn't as good as PLOYBOYS!!!!!
View attachment 77231

Last edited:
Can we see a closer up shot of the front of your pit? Looks like it has wooden handles.....or is that the bourbon clouding my eyes during the Louisville game???

3edymana.jpg

Yeah they are baseball bats. I thought it was cool and something different!

Thanks everybody on the compliments on the food and the cooker. It was Good and I just finished off the ribs sitting here watching Jerry Springer. The left over pork I'm gonna freeze and use for some tamales next week.

Back