How many comp teams renew KCBS membership

• Yes

Votes: 73 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 12.0%

• Total voters
It makes me feel good.
Now if the brethren had a card......

I did my first 3 contests without being a member, then took the judging class and became a member. At that contest we got a call. Hummmmmm.

But anyway, I can't answer the question because I only became a member about 2 months ago, but I plan on renewing every year.

Nope, I havent renewed and dont believe im going to.

I do as I feel it is a great way to support the overall cause - now if I could only get my teammate to do it I would be happy :p

As I mentioned earlier, I renew, but if I was not competing or judging, IMO I have seen little value in what KCBS brings to the to the average member who does not plan to compete. There may be good reasons and benefits, but if so, I don't think KCBS does a good job making them known. Some may say it's to support barbeque as a whole, which is great but you could just as easily spend $40 supporting BBQ at a real good BBQ joint or on some BBQ supplies, rubs or sauces from a small company.

Last edited:
As I mentioned earlier, I renew, but if I was not competing or judging, IMO I have seen little value in what KCBS brings to the to the average member who does not plan to compete. There may be good reasons and benefits, but if so, I don't think KCBS does a good job making them known. Some may say it's to support barbeque as a whole, which is great but you could just as easily spend $40 supporting BBQ at a real good BBQ joint or on some BBQ supplies, rubs or sauces from a small company.

Kinda how I figure it also Vinny.

I renew because I judge some events through the year as well as compete.

It takes money to run an organization

Back