• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket Pricing

Evil-g

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I went to GFS to pick up a couple Briskets and was shocked to see the price had risen from 2.39 to 3.69 a $1.30# difference. They also had a disclaimer up that due to unforeseen market conditions they are unable to honor the price. Can anyone with a cattle background expand upon the unforeseen condition. I know this happens periodically but I can usually find something on it. I checked the Supermarket News and not even a blurb.

http://www.supermarketnews.com

Last edited:
I went to GFS to pick up a couple Briskets and was shocked to see the price had risen from 2.39 to 2.69 a $1.30# difference. They also had a disclaimer up that due to unforeseen market conditions they are unable to honor the price. Can anyone with a cattle background expand upon the unforeseen condition. I know this happens periodically but I can usually find something on it. I checked the Supermarket News and not even a blurb.

http://www.supermarketnews.com

It's been a while since I was in school, but I'm fairly confident that's a $.30 difference.

It's been a while since I was in school, but I'm fairly confident that's a $.30 difference.

i-was-told-there-would-be-no-math.jpg

Costco Primes have gone up $0.70/lb here last checked which were at $3.69. But then Sam's now carries Primes here for $3.17/lb last I was in. Choice is always about $2.39-2.69 at Smart&Final or Cash n Carry elsewhere.

Last time Brisket headed north of $4# I got really good at my steak game.
Rib eye Porterhouse t bone ny strip filet-Amen.

I love to smoke but prefer the taste of grilled- every time.

Funny, the butcher by my office just dropped the price of CAB packers from $4.49 to $3.99. Flats are a whopping $7.99 which makes no sense to me.

I had the same sticker shock today in the same region. Went to Restaurant Depot to get some meat for a small gathering I'm hosting Saturday. The CAB's were $3.80 and standard choice about .10 cheaper. Opted for 2 pack of butts. I'll hold out on the beef and when I do I'm keeping it all to myself.

summer demand on beef nearly always goes up. I wont pay $4/lb for brisket. Id rather buy sirloin or chuck roasts..

Some of you serious bbq guys should look into "steamships" .. its a stellar piece.

For grins drove out to Sam's. 2.58# Select. Look at the quality of this brisket. Flat nice and thick AND even. Nice round point. White fat. I picked from about 10 in the bin.

Last edited:
Yea just visited RD today and CAB Brisket was something like $4.64/lb. They only had a handfull, no cases, no flats, barely any choice either. I BLAME TEXAS ��

I had the same sticker shock today in the same region. Went to Restaurant Depot to get some meat for a small gathering I'm hosting Saturday. The CAB's were $3.80 and standard choice about .10 cheaper. Opted for 2 pack of butts. I'll hold out on the beef and when I do I'm keeping it all to myself.

Mgr said was proud to say they were cheaper than RD. Still trying to find out about the Market Conditions.

Received this grocery flier in the mail today...Starts June 30th and goes til supply is gone.

d9b39070-8aa2-4a09-a8d4-62b01860e285_zps4tnvkmea.jpg

might have to pick up some of these for dry aging...

189ac878-af0f-4e32-b335-ed01922b2e78_zpspeuwgp8h.jpg

d252ca7c-89da-4952-8ffc-8bd2f9138c3f_zps9vxcwbdb.jpg

Be glad you don't pay cdn prices for beef.

I haven't bought steak in forever.

Even lean ground beef is approaching $4/lb at Costco

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Back