**** Annual Northern Illinois Brethren Mid Winter Gathering, 2015 Edition!!! - Jan. 24th, 2015

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Annual Northern Illinois (and surrounding states) Brethren Mid Winter Gathering, 2015 Edition!!!

I'm starting early this year :-D

Saturday, January 24th, 10:30AM
Rub's Backcountry Smokehouse

6954 N. Western Ave
Chicago, IL
http://www.backcountryq.com/

https://goo.gl/maps/Mssgd

Last year we tried to get into Rub's Backcountry Smokehouse but couldn't work out a date. By starting early we have a choice of dates. We're looking at Saturday January 24th at 11AM. We will have the place to ourselves. After 1pm the restaurant will open to the public, but we can still hang out. Jared has proposed the following...

With a budget of $20-$23/person, I could put out a buffet of Pork, Chicken, Brisket, Ribs, Sausage, Mac N Cheese, Smoked Beans, Custard Filled Cornbread, and some Cobbler for dessert.

NOTE: Rub's is BYOB, so if you want an adult beverage, please plan accordingly. There is a liquor store across the street

So...

Please RSVP in this thread and we'll get this ball rolling :thumb: The restaurant will hold 60 people, so plenty of room!

Attending:
Ron_L (maybe 2)
Stoke&Smoke (2)
BBQ Bubba
ITBFQ (2)
Neotrout (2)
kwas68 (2)
Grabnabber (2+2)
Teebody (2)
T-Bone44 (2, maybe 4)
Superque
Chicagokp
Grossepellets
T&S BBQ (2)
wanthon58
TheBoz1419 (2)
BBQ n Brew
Thermal Mass (2)
LYU370 (maybe 3)
harvey1055 (2)
IllinoidRick (2)
EJHOFFY (2)
PhilW (1)
Alecksjaycubs (3)
vtsnowflake (2)

Total - 43 + 4

Last edited:
For now, either of those dates works for me! I'll probably drag my wife along with me again. She actually enjoys hanging out with SOME of you goofballs. Or at least pretends to.

For now, either of those dates works for me! I'll probably drag my wife along with me again. She actually enjoys hanging out with SOME of you goofballs. Or at least pretends to.

Well... She married you, didn't she? :p :twisted:

Spouses are welcome. I'm hoping that Amy will be able to make it this year.

Well... She married you, didn't she? :p :twisted:

Spouses are welcome. I'm hoping that Amy will be able to make it this year.

She's a VERY tolerant woman; gotta be to put up with my antics. The Midwinter Gathering is something I have really enjoyed the past couple years. Thanks for organizing, Ron. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

I think those dates work for me. I may even bring the kids this time. When we get closer, I'll let you know the exact head-count. Thanks Ron!

One of the weekends in January, I will be out of town butchering hogs. Don't know when for sure yet. Hopefully not one of these 2.

OK Gang! We are confirmed for January 24th, 2015 at 11:00AM!!!

The restaurant will hold 60 people, so let's see if we can fill it with Brethren!

Please post in this thread and I'll add you to the list!

Any Brethren member is welcome, so if you know a new member who is close enough to attend, please let them know!

Last edited:
Back