Just bought my first two barrels

Outnumbered

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I've read enough on here and talked to enough people who swear by them that I just bought my first two barrels and I'm going to try my hand at UDS construction.

Got two barrels for $15/piece. So, based on the Pickled Pig plans, I'm already $15 ahead in price!

Good work, I'm about to start on my first UDS too. Will hopefully get time to do the burn out this weekend. Try and put up some pregress pics if you can.

Im using the same plans, roughly, with a couple of tweaks. But no, wont be using a fan.

The barrels I have been power washed and they contained veggie oil. Do I need to do a burn out?

where did you end up getting your barrels from? And I would still burn it to remove the paint from outside of barrel and need to season inside with some pam spray or something.

where did you end up getting your barrels from? And I would still burn it to remove the paint from outside of barrel and need to season inside with some pam spray or something.

If there bare metal, skip the burn.
No need to burn the outside paint off. Season and smoke on! :thumb:

Hey Hozman. I actually was dropping my kid off at dance practice tonight and they were sittting in a yard with a for sale sign on them right here in Smithville. There are more there now and it sounds like this guy can get more.

I went out a looked a little bit ago. It does look like there's a liner in them. But I can always burn that out.

I got a drum from a recycler, it's not food grade, it had paint in it, but the paint was in a bladder. The insides of the drum have not been marked and is bare metal, but the lid has a couple of splashes on it. It smells like paint, but im assuming after leaving the lid off for a couple of days then doing a burn, it should be ok. What do you guys think?

I think fire is an amazing sterilizer. I'd use it as long as you're sure it wasn't lead paint and didn't contain anything toxic.

Back