• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Drum(s) for UDS.

joe84780

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm new to this forum but have read a lot and am continuing to read and get inspired. I purchased a new unlined 55g drum from Uline for my UDS build. My company buys packaging products from them so I got a decent price and free freight by purchasing it through my work.

They sent me one but it had a few small dents in it and the black paint was rubbed off in a few spots. I called them and said I wasn't happy with this one and to please ship me a new one and come pick this one up. Well, they shipped me a new one and said keep the first one. Now I've got two drums. LOL! I don't need 2 UDS's, LOL!

Any suggestions on what to do with this thing short of selling it on craigslist? I've seen some mods where a UDS drum was elongated by adding a section from another drum? Anyone have any ideas?

No, I will not give it away..sorry! LOL! I know someone is going to ask.

Guys,

I'm new to this forum but have read a lot and am continuing to read and get inspired. I purchased a new unlined 55g drum from Uline for my UDS build. My company buys packaging products from them so I got a decent price and free freight by purchasing it through my work.

They sent me one but it had a few small dents in it and the black paint was rubbed off in a few spots. I called them and said I wasn't happy with this one and to please ship me a new one and come pick this one up. Well, they shipped me a new one and said keep the first one. Now I've got two drums. LOL! I don't need 2 UDS's, LOL!

Any suggestions on what to do with this thing short of selling it on craigslist? I've seen some mods where a UDS drum was elongated by adding a section from another drum? Anyone have any ideas?

No, I will not give it away..sorry! LOL! I know someone is going to ask.

Add a stainless top and make it your prep table.

make several extensions about 7 to10 inches long with having its own set of bolts for an additional
cooking grate. Stack em up so you'll have plenty of room if ever you need it.

A few dings and some missing paint won't hurt it from being a great UDS. You will want to burn the thing out anyway and re-paint the outside. That is why they are called UGLY drum smokers. Keep the other one for a later project for an in-law or other friend/relative. They are addictive after the first one.

Blessings,
Omar

Use the first barrel to make a UDS then use the second barrel to make a New and Improved UDS!!!

Once you build your first and have cooked on it a few times you will be like "Damn should have done this or should have done that." Now you have the oppurtunity to make those changes to a new one and gift the first one to a family member or a good friend, or even sell it on CL

Back