MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #16
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

You decide...

Bacon and swiss

Stuffed brat burger here

Salsa and blue cheese

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #17
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Those are abominations!!!!!!!

But really tasty looking ones

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #18
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

I prefer my cheese on the outside too. But anything else as stuffing is fair game.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #19
Fwismoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
I prefer my cheese on the outside too. But anything else as stuffing is fair game.
Yep there's now rule on those burgers....either or and all of the above! The possibilities are endless.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #20
landarc

Neither, or both. Back in the early 1960's, my mom would make little stuffed meatlaofs and giant stuffed burger patties. They were delicious then and I like them now. She rarely did cheese on the inside, as she felt it was better on the outside (she preferred two thick, hand cut slices of cheddar).

Juicy Lucy...MOINK...same concept, a cute name, and some good fun for a concept that has been around a long time. Cook what you enjoy, have fun with it.

They'll be around a long time, it isn't a fad.

on edit: I actually prefer my burgers to be medium rare and have found that to achieve that, I can't stuff them, the filling never heats up enough.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #21
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Stuffed, unstuffed, broiled, boiled, grilled, smoked even microwaved. I will eat them any way you want to cook them. Uncooked Tartare is even better! Give me my ground beef, it's whats for dinner. Don't forget the cheese!

Old 02-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #22
Smoke Dawg
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : IMF

We grind Bacon into the burger and will make some select additions next burger run.
Only Brethren to win a TD with all the votes!
IMBAS Certified Moink Baller
Smoke Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #23
16Adams

[QUOTE=Smoke Dawg;2807657]We grind Bacon into the burger and will make some select additions next burger run.[/QUOTE

Gotta love burger

Old 02-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #24
16Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharredApron View Post
Stuffed, unstuffed, broiled, boiled, grilled, smoked even microwaved. I will eat them any way you want to cook them. Uncooked Tartare is even better! Give me my ground beef, it's whats for dinner. Don't forget the cheese!
Amen

Old 02-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #25
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Do not like.
  • A quality burger is medium rare, not optimal for melting the fillings
  • I find the fillings get lost in the mix
  • You are limited in the amount of filling you can use, which helps contribute to the issue above
  • I like the texture and mouthfeel from the separate layers
  • In restaurant service they aren't as visually appealing
I took a meeting a few months ago with a guy trying to break into the market with a kobe beef burger product. Wanted TGJ to use them and help them get the word out about there product. He was in the process of purchasing machines to produce stuffed burger patties. I am guessing this is something you will be seeing pretty soon in grocery stores.

This is my idea of a great burger. If I am stuffing the cheese, it is going to be between 2 patties of awesomeness!

[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #26
Bludawg

Outside of the occasional JuicyLucy I never have thought about it let alone seen them on the menu ( At least in the places I frequent) But I did see a Commercial on the idiot box where some chef of whom I have never herd was hawking a POS plastic gizmo to make them because (If you actually are gullible enough to believe it) Serves them in "His Restaurants".The Only thing I want in My Burger is more beef.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #27
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

I was on the fence until Keith dropped the hammer. Nothing wrong with that pron at all.
Im with Jed. Ill eat them no matter what. Im a burger freak. I love all burgers equally (As long as we are talking about beef)
TQ 250 deluxe ([COLOR="Red"]gone but not forgotten[/COLOR])
[COLOR="Blue"]"Let me get a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr Pepper. Make it fast I'm in a gosh dang hurry"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]IMBAS[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Certified[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]MOINK[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Baller[/COLOR]
bbqwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #28
cirk
is Blowin Smoke!

10 years ago I was doing all kinds to stuffed burgers and it was fun. But I have become a purist, Toasted bun, thin patties grilled hot to medium rare, special sauce (aioli of sorts), american cheese, onion, lettuce, and tomato... Pickle on the SIDE... Pretty much an in and out burger.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #29
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

All sorts of fads, even mini burgers are fun. I am on a simple burger kick right now. I got a frozen wagyu patty from trader joes (2-pack 5.99$) I grilled it, added cheese, and put it on 4 connected Hawaiian buns. Slice and you now have 4 sliders. Came out good.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #30
MAKEITOUTOFWOOD
Knows what a fatty is.

I've been on a stuffed burger kick and loving it.

Potato patato
MAKEITOUTOFWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote