leftover brisket

Tonight I sauteed up some peppers and onions, tossed in brisket, rice and seasoned with some soy sauce and hoisin.
TeAe7gHl.jpg

I'm a big fan of brisket nachos or quesadillas but went with chili today.
3e7d05d29566e406ea288c629671ffb9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Chicken fried burnt Ends with green Chile Gravy or green chile ranch

I like meat pies, but I’m an Aussie, you could try this recipe, it’s pretty good. You could substitute Marmite for Vegimite or leave out altogether... http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/8984/aussie+meat+pies

Nachos, topping on grill fired pizzas (with BBQ sauce and sprinkle of cheddar), chili, chunked and cooked with point chunks for burnt ends or added to smoked baked beans.

Brisket (in the 13lb range) leaves little leftover after the original dinner, a round of lunches for the family and one leftover dinner.

I often cook two packers every time just to have a full leftover brisket to use for the above recipes! Buying RD cases when on sale its the cheapest beef I can get.

There’s a Restaurant Depot not too far from me, had no clue they sold briskets by the case. Thanks

I have one freezer dedicated to my RD buys...wife thinks I am crazy when I come home with cases of meat but shopping their "14 day" sales which happen usually at the beginning of the month result in brisket, ribs and chicken at prices that are way lower then Costco or and grocery store sale. Their meat IMO is solid but you do need a freezer to store the purchase.

Got pork buts with bone in for under a dollar a pound earlier this year...for me its a go to place for bulk meats. Never had any meat that I dint think was top quality.

If you are not a business owner, you can gain access by joining Kasas City BBQ Society. I shopped my local so many times the desk eventually just gave me a hard card membership so now I don't have to get a day pass.

I also find the employees at RD super helpful. In VA where I shop they go above and beyond helping me with anything I need.

Brisket poutine. Brisket over french fries with provolone (or any cheese you like) and some beef jus or gravy. Delicious.

Back