• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Getting snobbish about our BBQ

I flat love my Masterbuilt 30" digital electric smoker. For a 8-10 hour piece of meat it takes all the labor intensive work out of it. Like that old commercial, set it & forget it... :wink:

As I go through life I've seen good and bad in people. Large egos usually turn people into things they shouldn't be. :sad:

My first post on BBQ Brethren. I am very new to real BBQ but fell in love with it while talking with a friend. He is a member and encouraged me to become a member here. He speaks so highly of this group, and from reading this, I see why.

It's more than cooking.....

Good stuff here from all you boys... That's why I come here, good information, tips, tricks, what-have-you. Mostly though it's the atmosphere of mutual respect and learning this art we call "Q". Transcends mere cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything isn't for everybody, but would like to say if i had fallen on hard times and was hungry i wouldn't turn down a Q if it was prepared different than i would have done it. Food for thought.

In NC people are really snobby about bbq. The western part of the state has a thicker sauce style then the vinegar based bbq sauce. The sauce is what half the people argue over and the other half debate on the proper way to cook the meat. Some say charcoal is best while others swear by cooking with wood. I'm partial to the bbq cooked with hickory wood myself.

I don't make too much of a big deal about it if I'm hungry I can pretty much eat any kind of que.

It’s ok if it’s in fun, like “my sports team is better than your sports team”, but not fun when it turns to elitism.

That’s an advantage to living in NY - while I don’t have any really good local BBQ, I can be BBQ agnostic and EAT ALL THE THINGS! I also am a big fan of fusion - be it cooking, music or anything else.

Back