Brethren history

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
If you are like me... normally check out the new posts on a regular basis.
However decided to turn things upside down...

Do you want to see Brethren history?

Go to the lower left hand corner of your browser window to "Display options".
Change the "Sort Order" from "Descending" to "Ascending".
And change "From " to "the Beginning"...

Then click on "Show threads"

Right there... should show the forum's earlier days.... August 2003... how a bunch of BBQ'ers started a Brethren movement.

Talkin' about a living history moment.

I did that once a few years ago. Was a lot of fun. I only wish I had enough time to read everything from the beginning...that would really be something.

The first post in Q-talk shows as 12-31-1969 by BigAl.
The first post in The Wood Pile was on 8-13-2003 by nthole.

It's fun to go back and read some of the old posts.

The very first post is post #1 in the UDS thread. I think it's written in Aramaic.

Maybe these are the ancient scrolls the alien spandex cop ladies were after in "The Never Ending Story?"

I'll definitely check those out, since I don't spend nearly enough time here. :heh:

I so want to reply to Phil not wanting to buy a Weber Gold and sticking to his weber Silver! I'm not sure that would now make it a "new" post?
Great old banter. Not too different than today.

"Ya know, i do a good deed and volunteer to get the silver just so we know the diff 'tween that and the gold....... I make a sacrafice for the brothers, and this is the thanks i get. ??? for shame!!

I happen to like my silver, and i decided to set aside a spot in the woods where i just walk over and dump the ashes.

so if the abuse continues, Im gonna go get a ranch kettle just to shut ya all up...

phil"

Back