***Vote - BBQ Brethren "A Viking's Feast!" Throwdown!- VOTE***

Vote for the Winner of the BBQ Brethren "A Viking's Feast!" Throwdown!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the BBQ Brethren
"A Viking's Feast!" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Monday August 19.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

silverfinger
IMG_7399_zps2c85a933.jpg

oifmarine2003

photo51_zpsd762353b.jpg

Dauvis
yojk.jpg

Kathy's Smokin'

P1010992-08072013160006000000.jpg

Smoke Dawg

attachment.php

Bluesman

100_1861.jpg

Will work for bbq
money.jpg

Last edited:
Been waiting to vote for Chris' salmon. Heck, except for the whole gas thingie, his smoker even looks like a Viking could have made it.

This is definitely a tough one. From the horned brass monkey to salmon, huge roasted legs and cod, I'm drooling. This will take some deep, deep pondering. These entries are all winners............hey Simply Marvelous all around and put it on Geurre's tab..............:becky:

Dang, this is a real tough one, but I just can't help it that the dude in the Viking outfit went the extra mile (plus, I love porterhouse steak, even if a Viking never ate one :hungry:).

Of course, I am really scared to see what he does for the upcoming "Cook it like Giada Throwdown" :twitch:

This was a tough one. I had it down to all of them but mine and was stuck. I ended up coming back to Bluesman' entry because that corn kept catching my eye!

I love Silverfinger's entry shot. It may be the coolest one I have seen here!

All the entries are really great and there isn't one that I don't want to have a taste. I found it really hard not to vote for real live Viking in this one but that smoked salmon really intrigued me. Norway is know for being a really good Salmon fishery and I've never had smoked salmon with a finishing glaze before and I just want to grab a chunk off my monitor and have a taste.

Normally I read all the entries and give a vote based on different aspects of the cook. This time that is not the case. Sliverfinger's picture is so classic that I can't imagine voting for anyone else regardless of how awesome their food was. If you're ever down on your luck, I'm pretty sure that Capital One has a spot for you.

Normally I read all the entries and give a vote based on different aspects of the cook. This time that is not the case. Sliverfinger's picture is so classic that I can't imagine voting for anyone else regardless of how awesome their food was. If you're ever down on your luck, I'm pretty sure that Capital One has a spot for you.

Ha!
Thanks!!

What's in your wallet?:becky:

I didn't enter this throwdown, so I don't have a dog in the race.
But perhaps the reason you can't imagine voting for anyone else is because you didn't look.
Nothing against Silverfinger or his entry, but there are others who worked very hard on this cook.
I must admit, he did look like a Viking..........But........

I guess people are going to vote the way they vote.

Rant over.

I didn't enter this throwdown, so I don't have a dog in the race.
But perhaps the reason you can't imagine voting for anyone else is because you didn't look.
Nothing against Silverfinger or his entry, but there are others who worked very hard on this cook.
I must admit, he did look like a Viking..........But........

I guess people are going to vote the way they vote.

Rant over.

Sorry boss, that was meant as a compliment to Silverfinger, not a slight to anyone else. Hopefully nobody's feelings were hurt that I didn't spend the appropriate time reviewing their hard work. As I said I usually do look at all of them, I just really liked his picture this time. I'll try to steer clear of the voting threads from now on so as to not vote incorrectly in the future.

I really can't fault anyone for voting for SF in this one, he played the Viking crutch to perfection. I don't even think the cute kid or bacon crutches would even stand a chance against his viking crutch.

Unless of course the cute kid is a viking and is holding a BLT. :becky:

Sorry boss, that was meant as a compliment to Silverfinger, not a slight to anyone else. Hopefully nobody's feelings were hurt that I didn't spend the appropriate time reviewing their hard work. As I said I usually do look at all of them, I just really liked his picture this time. I'll try to steer clear of the voting threads from now on so as to not vote incorrectly in the future.

First off,
I would like to thank you for your vote and I hope you don't steer clear of voting in the future.

I have looked at all the cooks in this throwdown and agree with everyone else that they are excellent entry's, everyone.

But at the end of the day, a 3 pound quality steak, lobster, huge shrimp and scallops and a jug of home brewed beer is a meal I would pick time and time again given the choice. It just happens to be my favorite meal:becky:

As far as the Viking crutch. I hit up the local costume shop.:wink:

Thanks for voting!:thumb:

Back