Lump Charcoal

Pitbull

is one Smokin' Farker
Anybody ever hear of Frontier Lump charcoal? The Sam’s here in McKinney has 40 pound bags for $14.00. I wanted to buy some, but I don’t know anything about it...:roll:

I've used it and I like it. Large pieces, all natural wood, few crumbs/dust.

Sounds like a good deal, I'd go for it myself.

Picked some up @ Sams on yesterday. Very large pieces and I thought it burned quite well. Would definitely buy again.

For reference..I have a 22" WSM and cooked an 8# brisket today...had to add maybe a half a chimney to the initial load for the entire cook. I left her going after I pulled the brisket (just curious) and at the 12 hour mark I was @ 200 deg (no adjustments) with a fair amount left.

I have also bought the smaller, 10lb, bags at our local Pamida and they didn't have anywhere near the large pieces that the Sam's bag has...but, in a pinch, it'll do.

will definitely buy this again. 40lbs for 15 bucks.

I have used "Best of the West" brand from Sams and have been VERY happy with it. I was in there the other day and saw that they were now carrying Frontier brand, so I will probably be trying that next. I have heard similar reviews about the Frontier brand from Sam's as the Best of the West brand, so I am hopeful they will be very similar.

I currently have about 10 bags of it in my garage. I have been burning it all year so far & very happy with it.

i bought 4 bags from the mckinney sams, i love it!
seems to burn a little hotter than royal oak.
i am going to get more next week if they have any left.
let me know if you leave any for the rest of us!

Does the bag say what kind of wood it is and where it was made?

i bought 4 bags from the mckinney sams, i love it!
seems to burn a little hotter than royal oak.
i am going to get more next week if they have any left.
let me know if you leave any for the rest of us!

Hey OTF, where in Farmersville are you? You are just about 10 minutes down the road from me.

I started using Frontier last month and I love it. I've never used lump before I tried this stuff but I can say it seems to burn longer and has less ash than the blue bag

i live in town. We Need to get some other brethren together and have a bash. I know some live in alan and wylie, not to far way.

Sounds like a plan to me! I'm always up for a bash...:becky:

I have a friend that lives just outside of Farmersville and he loves Q. Only problem is he drive me crazy with the "IS IS READY YET" question. :heh:

Back