Does Royal Oak make briquettes and lump?

B

bbqstudent

I went across town to Menard's to grab some RO, having seen it previously and reading that it's some of the best. Now that I get it home I see it's briquettes and I didn't even look to see if they had lump. I realize either will get the job done for today but I'm wondering when you guys are talking about RO are you refering to lump or briquettes?

Most are probably referring to lump, however, RO does make both lump and briquettes and I have used both and like them both.

Lump. Sorry to say I hate their briquettes. I use a minion like method and the burn off of the black lingers on and around the food. It definitely gives you that coal taste. I'm really not a big fan of their lump either but then again I am never satisfied it seems.:lol::lol::lol:

My suggestion is if you have the time to return it then do so unless you plan on turning them gray in a chimney and then putting on your fire.

Yes they make both and I think everyone specifies which they are referring to.

We live and we learn I guess. I've been using Cowboy Lump and all natural Kingsford briquettes in a pinch. Thanks for the quick responses.

I usually starta chimney of RO briquettes and dump it over a basket of lump. The briquettes are just easier to deal with when lighting.

charcoal

I've had good luck with wal-mart of all places there own brand is much larger than the standard briquet and they also have lump, both light up and burn off quick no kerosene flavor, i mix both, lump on top of a bed of briquets after the briquets burn off, mostly though i use apple, cherry and pear wood from the orchards around wenatchee, know some owners so i prune myself then run them thru my chop saw good grillin

RO has some very good briquettes wjich burn longer than my favorite, RO lump. Ozark lump is the only thing close as far as quality and taste. Steve.

i use and like both of the ro products. not much choices here except k and other junk.

I usually starta chimney of RO briquettes and dump it over a basket of lump. The briquettes are just easier to deal with when lighting.

I do the same thing except I use kingsford comp on top of Royal Oak lump. Only reason I use kingsford comp is that it's usually on sale at Costco and I use it for grilling also. Royal oak lump I get at walmart. Dunno if I've even seen the RO briquettes around here.

Well it just goes to show that everything is subjective. I like these RO briquettes the least of the three I've been using. Been using Cowboy cause it's been about the only lump I've seen available and I've been using the Kingsford All Natural Comp briquettes when I've been to lazy to go across town. I don't mind either of those but these RO briquettes have an aftertaste that just lingeres. Like I said, we live and we learn.

I hear all about these different types of lump. I have only been able to find the BGE lump and Royal Oak lump up here. Have searched, and can't find anything.

I have been happy with the low and slow cooking with the Royal Oak lump.

They make both....and they are under many different brand names

I buy briquettes and lump(mostly lump) from a Commercial supplier in Chicago...
Both are made by royal oak but have different brand names. Both burn hot and have very little ash.
I think Nature Glow http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag43.htm or something like that is name of lump.....briquettes http://www.webstaurantstore.com/suffixitem/688CBRIQ/NGLO.html i cant remember at all....too lazy to go to shed.

[SIZE=+1]Berger Brothers Inc[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1176 N Cherry Ave[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Chicago, IL 60642-4299[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](312) 642-4238‎[/SIZE]

I did the same thing bbqstudent. Didn't realize RO made briquettes, stopped into a store I know carries the lump, grabbed a bag and headed home to fire up my egg. Opened the RO only to see briquettes. Man was I pissed.:mad: Had to go buy cowboy at home depot.

i used to only use r.o. lump but lately i have been liking kingsford comp when i can afford it.. and the last few bags i bought have been nature glo briqs and i am really liking them

Back