/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

OK Peeps. You still haven't come up with anything yet? I noticed no one is bringing smoked sausages. You can't have a real Texas Barbeque without Texas smoked sausages, can you?
I have 2.5 more months to figure it out.

I figured about March I will start pressing folks for setting a menu. :wink:

I'm sure someone could bring some sausage from Fischer's in Muenster or similar (that's a hint, folks).

Or if someone is coming that makes their own :thumb:

I was actually thinking about making your meatloaf...

Just for that, I'm coming. And I'll be nekkid. And dancing. Vigorously.
Sweet! Frank the snake told us last time that he loves him some trouser snake. Glad his interests will be covered! :thumb:

So what time(s) is this all going down? It sounds like an "all day" event but I know that I will have soccer games with the kids that morning, so I wouldn't be able to get there until maybe 3pm. If things are going to be happening late afternoon/evening I'm sure the family would like to come out.

So what time(s) is this all going down? It sounds like an "all day" event but I know that I will have soccer games with the kids that morning, so I wouldn't be able to get there until maybe 3pm. If things are going to be happening late afternoon/evening I'm sure the family would like to come out.
For the fall one, we shut down shortly after dark...maybe around 7pm or so. Only frognot and his son were camping.

For this one, it should get dark later and I am hoping more people are camping, so it should go on a bit longer. I think the park closes at 10pm for folks not camping, so I would expect we need to be out of the pavilion area by then.

We would love to have you come hang and put a face with a name, even if it just for a bit and to grub on some food.

I wanted to post this here, but instead posted it to Peeps what should I cook thread.
I wish it was a little closer (4+ hours), would love to attend, plus I am going to be at TX Motor Speedway for a swap meet April 25-26th. 2 trips that close won't be doable (is this a word?). Sound like a great time!
Y'all have fun!!!

I wanted to post this here, but instead posted it to Peeps what should I cook thread.
I wish it was a little closer (4+ hours), would love to attend, plus I am going to be at TX Motor Speedway for a swap meet April 25-26th. 2 trips that close won't be doable (is this a word?). Sound like a great time!
Y'all have fun!!!
responded to you over there...

Peeps promised a Florida boy would not be banned, so as soon as I get the reservations and cash in some frequent flyer miles I'm in. My plan is to come into DFW on Friday about mid-day, visit a couple of custom metal fabrication shops in the afternoon then get up to Lake Ray Roberts Friday afternoon/evening, staying Friday and Saturday nights. I'll head back to the airport Sunday morning. I want to figure out how to send out some locally made spicey pork sausages on dry ice for sandwiches or breakfast, but we can lock that down later. Let me know if there is anything else I can contribute.

Awesome!!!

1. peeps, mrs peeps, and lil' peeps.
2. Chris (AKA sliding_billy), and maybe the boys (Adrian and Calvin).
3. frognot (and maybe Mrs. Frognot)
4. LEGENDS BBQ, Mrs. Legend, Legend Jr., The Princess, and Ms. Hell on Wheels
5. SmittyJonz
6. Totally Basted
7. dwfisk

Door prizes are to be provided from:

- Oakridge BBQ
- Ted & Barney
- All Things BBQ
- Stark Boards
- Still working on more!

Peeps promised a Florida boy would not be banned, so as soon as I get the reservations and cash in some frequent flyer miles I'm in. My plan is to come into DFW on Friday about mid-day, visit a couple of custom metal fabrication shops in the afternoon then get up to Lake Ray Roberts Friday afternoon/evening, staying Friday and Saturday nights. I'll head back to the airport Sunday morning. I want to figure out how to send out some locally made spicey pork sausages on dry ice for sandwiches or breakfast, but we can lock that down later. Let me know if there is anything else I can contribute.

Dave, we would be honored to have a Florida boy here! If there's anything we can do to make your trip easier just ask.

Wow! Got three states on board.

Hawg Father of Seoul is from Arkansas and hopefully can attend.

Oh yeah...I was just looking at the confirmed list.

Back