MAK Group Buy

Looks factory to me, assuming it’s stable enough to hold whatever load you plan to set on it. The rivets or bolts/nuts that protrude through the side look at home with the rest :thumb:
The shelf holes aligned perfectly the factory holes. I used the factory hardware to screw the shelf down. I put some small felt between the shelf and the cooker so it wouldn't scratch just in case I decided to take it off. I think the small shelf is rated at 30 or 40 pounds and the big one at 50. Only the top 2 holes lined up but it should hold a brisket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Shelf looks great! + Your grilling experience will be MUCH better with a good shelf than not...

Does anyone know if I used the same location as the factory shelf?

Does anyone know if I used the same location as the factory shelf?

Here’s the factory shelf on my old 1 Star...
b36e48b055e580c7a43440eec4eef9c1.jpg

You did well buddy! I prefer the second pic. Heck, with a few more grills sold you’ll have enough credit to buy a factory version... lol.

Yes indeed... the last day of the Brethren group buy deal has arrived. For those still pondering, it’s time to MAKe your final decision :)

It will be interesting to see many MAKs are sold today via this group deal!

Robb, you going to start the Appreciation thread today? :-D

There should be a special deal for the guy that ordered first...[emoji849]

There should be a special deal for the guy that ordered first...[emoji849]

They "allowed" you into the family, what else do you want?!?! ;-)

Last edited:
I had a moment of weakness. Count me in for a MAK 2 Star with 3/4 top shelf and cover. Mine ships out tomorrow. Robb, thanks for putting this together and being such a strong proponent for this great company and thanks to everyone at MAK for showing us the love. Caleb and his team are great to work with.

It's good to be back.

-Steven Z.

I had a moment of weakness. Count me in for a MAK 2 Star with 3/4 top shelf and cover. Mine ships out tomorrow. Robb, thanks for putting this together and being such a strong proponent for this great company and thanks to everyone at MAK for showing us the love. Caleb and his team are great to work with.

It's good to be back.

-Steven Z.

YES, and welcome home :)

3 more to go and every single person that has purchased through this deal will get a $75 MAK store credit. Anymore fence sitters out there. C’mon down, your butts gotta be hurting by now anyway :)

Caleb walks out the door of MAK HQ in less than 5 hours [emoji27]

I'd love a MAK ..... but can't I just find someone close to me and just go over occasionally to eat ? or pick up and take home ?:-D

3 more to go and every single person that has purchased through this deal will get a $75 MAK store credit. Anymore fence sitters out there. C’mon down, your butts gotta be hurting by now anyway :)

Caleb walks out the door of MAK HQ in less than 5 hours [emoji27]

$75 credit would be nice! How are the sear grates compared to the regulars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$75 credit would be nice! How are the sear grates compared to the regulars?

They are thick anodized aluminum and get hotter than blazes! I love them for grilling. Here’s some quick weeknight chicken thighs I did the other day. Pellet Boss controller set to 450°, but sear grates MUCH hotter than that as the Flame Zone covers were off. You’ll typically see temps at the main cooking grate level run about 125-150° hotter than what the controller displays when you have the Flame Zone covers removed. That’s a good thing when grilling... and I am not even talking about the sear grates, but just the ambient temp.
14fa85b9c6c60862fa3042c1f71fbf65.jpg

Here’s an IR gun right on the surface of the sear grate with the Pellet Boss controller set to 450°. The sear grates absorb every ounce of the heat and then some :)
4882f3ab1047ffc0afca860e4126ae05.jpg

Last edited:
Dang Robb. Those look like what comes off my 26" with the vortex or SnS!

Dang Robb. Those look like what comes off my 26" with the vortex or SnS!

I recently sold my 26 kettle with a ton of accessories. Could count the times on 1 hand I used it in the past 12 months. It was a great grill, but 9.8/10 times I preferred the MAK to it. To each their own... totally understood :)

Well I'll have some comparing coming up of my own. Really looking forward to the versatility of the MAK.

Back