MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
Subzerogriller
Full Fledged Farker

Default One more reason...

...to love Simply Marvelous and Big Poppa Smokers. Placed my order over the weekend (my first try at the full line of Steph's rubs). Over $39 so free shipping, and I got it in about 4 days....

Weird thing is, the box is marked with labels that say, "GLASS...HANDLE WITH CARE!" I look inside, and there's a second box. Open it up, and I find a bottle with a note taped to it:

How cool is that? Never tried Carolina Treet before, but I think this is mighty classy. Can't wait to try out a few of these rubs at my midwinter BBQ this Saturday!
[COLOR=Blue][B]Proud to be supporting our troops: Limited Edition Supahfast Thermapen with US Flag[/B][/COLOR]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Joined my first TD, and dove headfirst into the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero's Club.[/URL]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]Come [/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]to the Dark Side![/COLOR] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][SIZE=2]Join a Throwdown![/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]
[/FONT][/SIZE]
Subzerogriller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
BluegrassSmoke
On the road to being a farker

One of my favorite chicken wings places has a sauce called Carolina Gold...looks a lot like this....it's my favorite sauce for wings....enjoy
BluegrassSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 AM   #3
Oldbob
is One Chatty Farker

I would say that is Excellent Customer Service !!
Weber Gasser Genesis Silver A
Pit Barrel Cooker
Maverick ET-732
VietNam Veteran US Navy
May you Sleep in Peace always...and Please....Thank a Veteran for That Privilege!!
Oldbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 04:54 AM   #4
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbob View Post
I would say that is Excellent Customer Service !!
And just good people, more concerned about the sauce being used than making a buck.

Let us know your thoughts on the rub. Looks like you got a lot for your money.
Freddy j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

Nice!

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

Very nice!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
SchatzSea
On the road to being a farker

Yeah, they followed up on an order not long ago (there were no problems with it or anything so was a real surprise) and offered me a BPS t-shirt. They're good people, they've earned my loyalty!

Sent from my Incredible (2) Droid

The Qrew -- Smokin’ Hot Wife, Two Smokin’ Little Monkeys, and Two Hot Digity Dogs

"Hello. My name is Inigo Pork-toya. You grilled my father. Prepare to fry."

Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
is one Smokin' Farker

I wished more companies would realize the value of doing little things like this. It goes a long way in my eyes. I had planned on restocking my rubs and sauces this weekend with them and this just confirms its money well spent!

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #9
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

That is fantastic. Big Poppa Smokers is great!

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #10
Subzerogriller
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo Sizzle My Nizzle View Post
I wished more companies would realize the value of doing little things like this. It goes a long way in my eyes. I had planned on restocking my rubs and sauces this weekend with them and this just confirms its money well spent!
I agree; I would buy Steph's rubs just based on his reputation for quality alone, but little things like this just serve to validate my decision. As a first time customer, I'm very impressed.
[COLOR=Blue][B]Proud to be supporting our troops: Limited Edition Supahfast Thermapen with US Flag[/B][/COLOR]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Joined my first TD, and dove headfirst into the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero's Club.[/URL]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]Come [/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]to the Dark Side![/COLOR] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][SIZE=2]Join a Throwdown![/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]
[/FONT][/SIZE]
Subzerogriller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

I ordered from BPS last night, Slap yo daddy chicken rub and it wasn't in stock yet . Kristen sent me an email right away on update on status. Good customer service every time I order. A little goes a long ways now a days.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
BBQdisciple
Full Fledged Farker

I personally never use commercial sauces but I always keep a bottle of Carolina Treet for a few of my guests who will use nothing else. According to them nothing beats it.

I've been wanting to try some commercial rubs. I've only used my own homemade rub. Your experience will definitely make me check out BPS. thanks for posting.
BBQdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #13
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Big Poppa rocks! I order from there often.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #14
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

simply marvelous really is....well, simply marvelous!!! i'm a fan of big poppa smokers too, they'll continue to get my business!!!!

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #15
Front Row
Got rid of the matchlight.

I have been dealing with Big Poppa Smoker. I just bought a G-2 Chubby. Do I need to get the "gate lift" service, or is the crate big enough to slide off the truck?
Front Row is offline   Reply With Quote