• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Gateway with Ribolator

SOB BBQ

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a Ribolator on a Gateway Drum? Do you need to have an extension on the drum? Looking at the extensions that you could purchase through ribolator, it seems you would need a domed lid to have clearance?

I'm not sure I can get myself to drill a bunch of holes in the Gateway to mount the rotisserie on the barrel but I don't want to have a 5 foot tall smoker either.

Thanks!

What would be the benefit of that over just using the rib hanger?

I fabbed the rib-o-lator to fit on my UDS without a ring.
I drilled 2) holes, across from each other, mounted the motor bracket for the motor on one side. Rotisserie support bracket on the outside of the second hole.
Insert the rotisserie rod through one hole, slide the rib-o-loator over the rod as you push it through to the other side. The rod support bracket is screwed in on the outside.

riboltaor.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
What would be the benefit of that over just using the rib hanger?

Constant rotation instead of an end of the ribs charring more than the middle or other end. Also, basting themselves.

That's what I am hoping for anyways. Also, I mainly want to try it on chicken thighs, wings, etc.

I fabbed the rib-o-lator to fit on my UDS without a ring.
I drilled 2) holes, across from each other, mounted the motor bracket for the motor on one side. Rotisserie support bracket on the outside of the second hole.
Insert the rotisserie rod through one hole, slide the rib-o-loator over the rod as you push it through to the other side. The rod support bracket is screwed in on the outside.

Thought about that but not sure I want to drill into the Gateway, yet. I also didn't know how I wanted to align the rotisserie with the risers from the intakes on both sides of the drum.

Constant rotation instead of an end of the ribs charring more than the middle or other end. Also, basting themselves.

That's what I am hoping for anyways. Also, I mainly want to try it on chicken thighs, wings, etc.

the best ribs I make are on the rib-o-lator

Weird more comp teams don't use them then.

Weird more comp teams don't use them then.

I've seen several smokers with rotisseries at comps. Not drums though, because it requires some welding and fab skills. And, some people don't want to drill into their drums like the OP?

I've seen several smokers with rotisseries at comps. Not drums though, because it requires some welding and fab skills. And, some people don't want to drill into their drums like the OP?

Or maybe it is totally not needed.

Or maybe it is totally not needed.

I haven't seen any competitors hanging ribs at comps either.

Different strokes for different folks, some people like to experiment and not just be part of the status quo.

I heard the same things about my BUFORD drums, has features normal drums don't have. Wouldn't smoke without them.

Never know until you try.

I haven't seen any competitors hanging ribs at comps either.

Different strokes for different folks, some people like to experiment and not just be part of the status quo.

I heard the same things about my BUFORD drums, has features normal drums don't have. Wouldn't smoke without them.

Never know until you try.

LOL. You must not go to many comps.

I'm a judge

Oh well then nevermind. You know your ****.

This was from a 20K contest with the best rib cooks in the world..but what do I know..you are a judge in the hot bed of KCBS Arizona..but thanks for coming out...the beauty of the internet is that people with literally no clue get the same voice as people that do.

Also, just because you seem not very smart...every team in the top ten at this comp hung their ribs.

4Nu0P1rl.jpg

Oh well then nevermind. You know your ****.

This was from a 20K contest with the best rib cooks in the world..but what do I know..you are a judge in the hot bed of KCBS Arizona..but thanks for coming out...the beauty of the internet is that people with literally no clue get the same voice as people that do.

Also, just because you seem not very smart...every team in the top ten at this comp hung their ribs.

4Nu0P1rl.jpg

impressed :clap:

I would be too...maybe next we can have a spelling contest.

Clown.

no wonder clowns come here just to stir ****...the "Mods" are pussies who want to remember what the internet was in the 80s...they only jump in when they want to feel cool

Back